Whats your favorite music down load site & why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Well the saga continues....LOL with me and my new MP3.

There are some really cool tunes in the charts that i'd like to down load is there a good site that i don't have to subscribe to for downloads?

I've looked at napster but they seemed to want a montly/yearly commitment and I hate giving financial commitment :rolleyes: it's like a kiss of death to me.

YES .... nothing worse than paying artists for their music, they deserve nothing for their efforts. Just like we should do nails for nothing.

YES .... nothing worse than paying artists for their music, they deserve nothing for their efforts. Just like we should do nails for nothing.

I think you mis-understand - I don't want a monthly fee just one off payments for song down loads - i never said i wanted it FREE.

I don't ask my clients to pay me on monthly DD?!!!

I'm useless at these things. I haven't changed my MP3 music since last year, I'm too scared. However I do sometimes download music to my pc from Tescos of all places. (They've got a good range of Duran Duran stuff.:o)
Tesco.com downloads store * great music at great value prices
You pay individually per song or album.:green:

Try Limewire, but no legit site will let you go hell for leather, perhaps try Warners Music or whatever music label you like, then you can rest assured the artists get their cut of your download (as per each download you make). Monthly makes sense sometimes, as often peeps go mental when they have access to whatever they want.

I only use iTunes, you can pay per track or by album, but unless it's an Apple MP3 you have I don't think the format is compatible.

Probably not a lot of help, lol!

I'm useless at these things. I haven't changed my MP3 music since last year, I'm too scared. However I do sometimes download music to my pc from Tescos of all places. (They've got a good range of Duran Duran stuff.:o)
Tesco.com downloads store * great music at great value prices
You pay individually per song or album.:green:

Thanks chick, i'll check it out.

It's only the odd single i'll download from time to time so this sounds great.

Have just tried to pm you.:eek: Clear your inbox hun.

DO NOT try Limewire,it is illegal.

We used to have this, it's totally free but illegal.I didn't realise until I had a guy come around to fix the PC.He warned me about it and said we could get the police knocking on our front door:eek:

We used to have this, it's totally free but illegal.I didn't realise until I had a guy come around to fix the PC.He warned me about it and said we could get the police knocking on our front door:eek:

Why is it illegal.

I subscribed to Limewire last year and paid a one off fee forever. It wasn't free.

Thanks for the heads up - how do you know if they are legal or not?

I only use iTunes, you can pay per track or by album, but unless it's an Apple MP3 you have I don't think the format is compatible.

Probably not a lot of help, lol!

I only use itunes too......and this thread prompted me to go browse!!
I have now purchased the Amy Winehouse album & the MIKA single!!! yaaaay!!

I only use itunes too......and this thread prompted me to go browse!!

Ive got Frank and Back to Black both are fab....now i'll add Mika to my list.. cheers back at ya.

I am addicted to "Grace Kelly", boyfriend has threatened to walk out the next time I play it:green:

Why is it illegal.

I subscribed to Limewire last year and paid a one off fee forever. It wasn't free.
I would like to know the answer to this too?...Why would it be illegal?:confused:

we used to have limewire -but it has tooo much spyware in it and ends up trashing the pc ,ive been using itunes thats much better

vicky x

Its illegal because you are not paying the artists for their songs,they are being uploaded then taken by whoever requires that song,the same as pirate copying, it is completely free.Nobody has to pay for it.

Just type in free limewire and it can be uploaded onto your pc for nothing.

We had it on upstairs and downstairs pc for 2 years,never paid a penny videos and songs free.

The pc guy that came round told me about this scam where people are paying for subscriptions.e told me to remove it immediately because it is illegal.

Seriously,do a search on free limewire and you will see.Better still I have got the link for you,Limewire is Limewire,nobody needs pay BUT it is ILLEGAL,ring a pc shop up or your local police station,they will tell you.Limewire Download - Find Free and Pro Limewire Downloads

P.s this is only what I have been told,each to their own eh!!!!

We used to use Limewire, then I watched something on GMTV about people who had been fined thousands for using it. Limewire doesnt hold music -it shares the music that you are holding on your pc. We paid a one off fee for the software.

I now use i-tunes and find it is good - going to have a look on the tesco website though.

We used to use Limewire, then I watched something on GMTV about people who had been fined thousands for using it. Limewire doesnt hold music -it shares the music that you are holding on your pc. We paid a one off fee for the software.

I now use i-tunes and find it is good - going to have a look on the tesco website though.
You're quite right Rosey,Napster is also illegal.You dont need to pay for the software,its easy to download software.Beware though,it contains loads of spyware,that's how it makes its money and why its free.

Lots of viruses are contained within it as well.My downstairs PC hasn't been the same since.:cry:

I may be wrong, but I believe Napster went legal a few months ago to avoid legal action being taken against it by the Performing Rights Society. It now has monthly subscriptions and is above board....

Latest posts

Back