What's your favourite cake?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Rose

Reaction score
I had a bit of a baking session the other day & made some most delicious cupcakes - banana with chocolate frosting & strawberry with pink vanilla frosting. Very delish :D

I'm also rather partial to sticky toffee pudding, yummy yum.

What is everyone else's favourite cake/cupcake?

German chocolate! YUM! :)

Big fat yummy Belgian bun with lots of soft icing.

Jacqui xx

For me it has to be Cadbury's SnowFlake cakes. They only do them at Christmas and they are lush. I can guarantee when I go home at Christmas, that my son will have gone to the shops and bought a couple of boxes in just for me:biggrin:

Fortnum and Mason Ambrosial alchemy cake. Heaven.

Red Velvet - especially Red Velvet Whoopie Pie!

NEW YORK CHEESCAKE:Love:

Key lime pie :) yum yum xx

Can't eat "normal" cake 'cos of gluten, but there is a gorgeous choc cake recipe using ground almonds instead of flour. It's total heaven, specially with some creme fraiche. Don't let's talk about the calories though.......

One of my friends owns a cafe in town they have the most amazing home made vanilla cupcakes, so naughty. I try to stay away but I usualy have one a week!! Also sticky toffee pudding when you go to a resteraunt and its there as a pudding, ive got to have it lol. I am TERRIBLE fro cake etc, so I never buy any or keep it in the house, I save it for when I go out or something! mmmm cake xx

Tarte tatin...makes my mouth water...

Or schwarzwaldenkirchentorte...black forst gateau...but even if it's very 80's dessert still love it!

Ohh now your'e talking tart tatin with Chantilly cream with the caramel from the tart oozing in :lick: I like it either made with apples or pears I dont like it with puff pastry goes too soggy, short crust is great crisper! and I totally agree with you Black Forrest as long as it's prepped in the traditional manner of cooking the eggs before the flour is folded in and not to mention loads of kirsch I made 1 once 10" wide and 6" high for a friends birthday it lasted all of 30 minutes ha! so 80's but hey the 80's were a good time.. the music and the fashion god fills me all up with nostalgia hated it at the time tho ;)

I like really naff puddings my fave is banoffe pie...not a cake i know:biggrin:

lemon layer cake , delia recipe !

has home made lemon curd in , just fabulous !

Carrot cake...nom nom nom I have convinced myself its one of my 5 a day!!!

all of the above for me!!:)

Wedding cake yummy :)

Christmas cake or any rich fruit cake :lick:

Carrot cake...nom nom nom I have convinced myself its one of my 5 a day!!!

My favourite too, I like your way of thinking, I can now eat it everyday without the guilt!!

Latest posts

Back