Quantcast

What's your favourite Shellac layering combination

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

nenee

Reaction score
Hi

Iv got a good amount if shellac colours now and I'm loving it. Just had a client text me to say her shelkac has been on over 3 weeks and she loves them yippee(of course she needs re shellacking now)

Just wondering what is everyones favourite layering combination, I need some inspiration for the warmer weather :)

deanosnana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I think my FAVE is Tropix with Hot Chilis over it. My second fave would be Asphalt with Moonlight & Roses over it. :)

glamourcat

Reaction score
Hi, there are so many great combinations I don't know where to start! :) If you Google CND Shellac (and a colour name), then click on images there are some beautiful examples of layering, maybe this might give you some inspiration? x

Last edited:

Floss26

Reaction score
Don't try Iced Coral layered over Rubble, which is what I have on my nails at the moment - it looks absolutely hideous and gives the Rubble a horrible metallic greenish tinge which reminds me of rusty radiator valves every time I look at it...... :eek:

besthands

Reaction score
Floss you crack me up!! :) :) That color sounds just the thing for Halloween, or some other obscure event!!

Floss26

Reaction score
Floss you crack me up!! :) :) That color sounds just the thing for Halloween, or some other obscure event!!

I'm glad you're amused! :lol: The tech also left my nails quite long and filed them into a horrid pointy shape when I actually wanted a shorter, squarer look so you're right, just the thing for Halloween! It was my very first Shellac as well (sob).........:grr:

nenee

Reaction score
I'd love a pretty shimmery pink (love tutti frutti but want a less intense pink) iv got hot pop pink but it's a bit mat would love a pretty shimmery pink any ideas?

I haven't got romantique what type of coverage is that one?
Thanks everyone ;-)

nicole333

Reaction score
You need to try Negligee over HPP. It takes the heat out of it slightly and gives a nice subtle shimmer, better than using M&R over it.

happyfeet

Reaction score
I really like iced coral over to layers of cream puff. You actually get to see how pretty iced coral is and from being a sheer to an opaque. Very subtle but pretty :)

nenee

Reaction score
You need to try Negligee over HPP. It takes the heat out of it slightly and gives a nice subtle shimmer, better than using M&R over it.
Thank you it sounds lovely will give it a try ;-)

nenee

Reaction score
I really like iced coral over to layers of cream puff. You actually get to see how pretty iced coral is and from being a sheer to an opaque. Very subtle but pretty :)
I'd never thought of trying that combo it sounds lovely will give it a go later
Thank you :)

jenna00

Reaction score
I love blackpool + Hotski to Tchotchke + Zillionaire. I get alot of wow's from my ladies when I do this :)

Dream Nails

Reaction score
I love blackpool + Hotski to Tchotchke + Zillionaire. I get alot of wow's from my ladies when I do this :)
Oooo interesting do you have a picture ( I'm on a phone so can't see blogs or picture albums sorry)
Vicki xx

jenna00

Reaction score
Oooo interesting do you have a picture ( I'm on a phone so can't see blogs or picture albums sorry)
Vicki xx

Hi, I haven't sorry. I'll take one next time I do them.

Dream Nails

Reaction score

jenna00

Reaction score

Lisa-Jane

Reaction score
I'd love a pretty shimmery pink (love tutti frutti but want a less intense pink) iv got hot pop pink but it's a bit mat would love a pretty shimmery pink any ideas?

I haven't got romantique what type of coverage is that one?
Thanks everyone ;-)
Why not try hot pop pink with a layer of silver vip status, really gives it a lovely shimmer xx

nenee

Reaction score
Ooh it sounds lovely. What colour does it come out as?
:)

x Fee x

Reaction score
Ooh it sounds lovely. What colour does it come out as?

:)

I wore this combo at Christmas- looked just like a christmas tree with twinkling fairy lights!!

Here's a pic: (not very good though, sorry)

Attachments

Treacle44

Reaction score
I love blackpool layered with negligee. You get a beautiful shimmery navy x

Latest posts