What's your favourite Shellac layering combination

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think my favourite so far has been blackpool with 1 layer of Purple purple over the top, makes a gorgeous electric blue type colour, it's been the one colour that got lots of comments when I wore it, nothing else has had quite the same impact as that one. I also did Rock Royalty with a layer of Moonlight & Roses and that made the prettiest lilacy purple, there's pics of both of these combos in my Shellac album on my profile page if you want to see :hug:

In love with tropix and iced coral. Such a summery colour :) X

I've heard and seen shellac a lot, where can I buy it and do I need to do training before I can use it?

Oh this is hard picking a favourite, I would have to say either purple purple with iced coral or gotcha and iced coral.

Iced coral and moonlught and roses are my 2 top colours to layer with xx

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using SalonGeek

Think my favourite so far has been blackpool with 1 layer of Purple purple over the top, makes a gorgeous electric blue type colour, it's been the one colour that got lots of comments when I wore it, nothing else has had quite the same impact as that one. I also did Rock Royalty with a layer of Moonlight & Roses and that made the prettiest lilacy purple, there's pics of both of these combos in my Shellac album on my profile page if you want to see :hug:

That's it Rock Royalty and Moonlight & Roses is my play for today! I'm going to have a go at sponging the MnR see if I can get a fade though.

Do you do 2 coats of blackpool and 1 purple purple for this?

Do you do 2 coats of blackpool and 1 purple purple for this?

Yes, it's gorgeous :) do the purple purple nice and thin, makes it more "blue"

Not tried it myself but I keep seeing pictures of Rock Royalty with Iced Coral on top and it looks GORGEY!!!! Also saw a piccie of Blackpool with Zillionaire on top too, looked amazing aswell xxx

I really like iced coral over to layers of cream puff. You actually get to see how pretty iced coral is and from being a sheer to an opaque. Very subtle but pretty :)

I love this too. Lovely neutral colour.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334493668.785801.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334493668.785801.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 2,238
Wow some fab ideas can't wait to try them

Should I always do the first colour twice? Or can you get away with 1 coat each of the two colours?

:)

I think my FAVE is Tropix with Hot Chilis over it. My second fave would be Asphalt with Moonlight & Roses over it. :)

Hi there! I've had asphalt on for a week and I'd like to experiment with layering moonlight and roses over it but I'm new to layering (and nails!) and I'm not sure whether you can add a layer over cured/finished shellac? Would I add base coat, cure, m&r, cure, topcoat, cure? This wasn't covered in my Cnd naturally course. Thanks in advance!! X

Hi there! I've had asphalt on for a week and I'd like to experiment with layering moonlight and roses over it but I'm new to layering (and nails!) and I'm not sure whether you can add a layer over cured/finished shellac? Would I add base coat, cure, m&r, cure, topcoat, cure? This wasn't covered in my Cnd naturally course. Thanks in advance!! X

No need for base again, wipe nail with dsperse first then apply m&r cure, top coat and cure xx

Depends on your base colour, blackpool, rock royalty, fedora and asphalt then yes 2 coats first. With other colours its up to you. If first layer looks patchy then yes do a second then add your layering colour on top. HTH xx

Latest posts

Back