What's your favourite Shellac layering combination

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
Hi

Iv got a good amount if shellac colours now and I'm loving it. Just had a client text me to say her shelkac has been on over 3 weeks and she loves them yippee(of course she needs re shellacking now)

Just wondering what is everyones favourite layering combination, I need some inspiration for the warmer weather :)

I think my FAVE is Tropix with Hot Chilis over it. My second fave would be Asphalt with Moonlight & Roses over it. :)

Hi, there are so many great combinations I don't know where to start! :) If you Google CND Shellac (and a colour name), then click on images there are some beautiful examples of layering, maybe this might give you some inspiration? x

Last edited:
Don't try Iced Coral layered over Rubble, which is what I have on my nails at the moment - it looks absolutely hideous and gives the Rubble a horrible metallic greenish tinge which reminds me of rusty radiator valves every time I look at it...... :eek:

Floss you crack me up!! :) :) That color sounds just the thing for Halloween, or some other obscure event!!

Floss you crack me up!! :) :) That color sounds just the thing for Halloween, or some other obscure event!!

I'm glad you're amused! :lol: The tech also left my nails quite long and filed them into a horrid pointy shape when I actually wanted a shorter, squarer look so you're right, just the thing for Halloween! It was my very first Shellac as well (sob).........:grr:

I'd love a pretty shimmery pink (love tutti frutti but want a less intense pink) iv got hot pop pink but it's a bit mat would love a pretty shimmery pink any ideas?

I haven't got romantique what type of coverage is that one?
Thanks everyone ;-)

You need to try Negligee over HPP. It takes the heat out of it slightly and gives a nice subtle shimmer, better than using M&R over it.

I really like iced coral over to layers of cream puff. You actually get to see how pretty iced coral is and from being a sheer to an opaque. Very subtle but pretty :)

You need to try Negligee over HPP. It takes the heat out of it slightly and gives a nice subtle shimmer, better than using M&R over it.

Thank you it sounds lovely will give it a try ;-)

I really like iced coral over to layers of cream puff. You actually get to see how pretty iced coral is and from being a sheer to an opaque. Very subtle but pretty :)

I'd never thought of trying that combo it sounds lovely will give it a go later
Thank you :)

I love blackpool + Hotski to Tchotchke + Zillionaire. I get alot of wow's from my ladies when I do this :)

I love blackpool + Hotski to Tchotchke + Zillionaire. I get alot of wow's from my ladies when I do this :)

Oooo interesting do you have a picture ( I'm on a phone so can't see blogs or picture albums sorry)
Vicki xx

Oooo interesting do you have a picture ( I'm on a phone so can't see blogs or picture albums sorry)
Vicki xx

Hi, I haven't sorry. I'll take one next time I do them.

I'd love a pretty shimmery pink (love tutti frutti but want a less intense pink) iv got hot pop pink but it's a bit mat would love a pretty shimmery pink any ideas?

I haven't got romantique what type of coverage is that one?
Thanks everyone ;-)

Why not try hot pop pink with a layer of silver vip status, really gives it a lovely shimmer xx

Ooh it sounds lovely. What colour does it come out as?
:)

Ooh it sounds lovely. What colour does it come out as?

:)

I wore this combo at Christmas- looked just like a christmas tree with twinkling fairy lights!!

Here's a pic: (not very good though, sorry)

Attachments

• IMG_0155.jpg
    IMG_0155.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 1,506
I love blackpool layered with negligee. You get a beautiful shimmery navy x

Latest posts

Back