What's your tanning technique?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucasbomb

Reaction score
Im trying to decide if to go up and down or side to side??

The Sun Temple

If you are new to spray tanning then i would stick to the routine that you have learned in your course or from your trainer. You might want to change little things in your routine come time but to begin with stick with what you know :O)

I go round & round in circles.

Really? can you do that? I just get soo worried I will leave someone patchy

I've seen a video by Nouvatan demonstrating their technique, i think it was either on youtube or Facebook - you might benefit from watching this.

I go round & round in circles.

I was taught to do legs & arms in circle 7 have since changed my routine as i was wasting far too much solution from the overspray. I now use vertical strokes .

I was asked first of all how I would paint a wall with a brush. Would I go up and down or side to side. Whatever your answer is that is what is most natural to you and that is how you should spray. Just remember to adjust your gun accordingly for however you decide to spray.

I personally spray down only (apart from the face, I go round and round from a distance)

Vertical stripes is how we train our students at Tantrick for many years now ...its a well tried and tested routine

However it is best to stick with the routine you were initially taught and then as you gain experience over time and usage then adjust your technique to suite

HTH and good luck

Vertical stripes is how we train our students at Tantrick for many years now ...its a well tried and tested routine

However it is best to stick with the routine you were initially taught and then as you gain experience over time and usage then adjust your technique to suite

HTH and good luck

Agree, I think I trained with you many years ago and it's a great routine :)

I was taught to go round in circles but I now spray in vertical lines!

Agree, I think I trained with you many years ago and it's a great routine :)

Glad to hear our training has proved to be worthwile ...even after so many years :hug:

I do legs and arms in circles and the rest of the body in a swing motion :) works perfect for me!

I spray vertical, well I actually only spray solution out when going down the body.

I believe spraying in circles was/is taught when tanning with an airbrush machine which sprays a different spray pattern to a HVLP machine.

Now most people use HVLP machines there is no need for spraying in circles, the machines spray a nice amount on in wide enough stripes to be able to cover the body in a few stripes and without any missed bits or overload.

I think vertical is the most sensible way to spray as the body is longer than it is wide so by going up & down your doing less passes than you would going side to side.

I believe most places train to spray vertically these days but whatever you were trained to do you can always adjust things to suit yourself and get the best results for your clients.

Latest posts

Back