When a client doesn't turn up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhiannon1408

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Just need some advice on wording to a client that didn't turn up.

I am a mobile therapist but if I know the person I don't mind doing a treatment from my home. A girl I went to school with messaged me over facebook to book a Shellac in for this morning, I'm sat here waiting and she's now 25 minutes late, I kind of had a feeling she wasn't going to turn up.

I'm just trying to write a message so she understands that I am running a business here and if people don't turn up for appointments I am unpaid.

What would you say? I think I'm struggling as I've known her since I was about 7/8 years old.

I've had this before and I sent a message along the lines of...

Morning hun,
Just wondering if you had forgotten about your appointment this morning??? Or if you are running late??? If you ever need to cancel/rearrange it's not a problem but could you please let me know in future as I do get booked up and some else may have wanted your slot xxx

I've had this before and I sent a message along the lines of...

Morning hun,
Just wondering if you had forgotten about your appointment this morning??? Or if you are running late??? If you ever need to cancel/rearrange it's not a problem but could you please let me know in future as I do get booked up and some else may have wanted your slot xxx

I was going to say something similar to this. That's all you have to say :)

Don't be scared to be blunt with her. Let her know that it's not acceptable. The time she wasted you could have been being paid to do someone else's nails.
I'm mobile too so I have a policy for no-shows that they have to pay for any future appointments in advance. Not had to enforce it yet though... X

Thanks everyone, I've sent her this;

Hi hun, just wondering if you had forgotten your appointment at 10 this morning? If you ever need to cancel/rearrange it's not a problem but could you please let me know in future as someone else may have wanted your slot. I am a small business so if I'm idle I am unpaid xx

I have to say I hate doing 'friends' sometimes!

Thanks for your help! :)

Blunt & prescise :) sometimes friends think they can take advantage especially with mobile techs. They think we just sit at home twiddling our thumbs xx

Latest posts

Back