When can a client sue you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zsanettka12

Reaction score
I was wondering when a client can actually sue a nail tech. recently i had someone who came back to me terrified that she had a small greenie on her nail. It was because she came back for infills after 4 weeks which was an impressive time but i told her that she left it quite long. However i didnt see any lifting and all was perfectly stuck on. She didnt seem happy and she was sure i passed on her some nasty infection and her nail will all come off (hmmm... ) i told her what greenie is and after dehydrating it and a bit filing most of the greenie fade away. She was happy at the end but when is the point if i have someone not so understanding and go to court / police etc that i "ruined" her nails?

Like hair, nails will always grow back so unless you cause serious damage to the nail bed that stops the nail from re-growing or use products that lead to a serious allergic reaction, it's unlikely that you will ever be successfully sued.

Remember, they have to prove their case and it's not that easy to prove causation, especially if you are fully qualified, insured and only use professional products.

Just because a client is dissatisfied, doesn't mean they have a legitimate case.

Unless your like a lady I know of who got a manicure at one of the discount nail salons they butchered her cuticles she ended up getting an infection in her thumb.... It was staph she has the red line going up her arm.... Last I heard they needed a hand surgeon and she might need an amputation because the infection was so bad by the time she got to the ER (she went to urgent care prior and was given antibiotics)..... Not sure what ever happened to the salon and the workers.... :( super sad case

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back