When do you start to feel christmassy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbabinks

Reaction score
Do you have a certain time you start to feel christmassy or is it a certain event you attend to get you feeling a glow with christmas?

Next week hubs, kids, my mum, brother and his girlfriend are going to Portsmouth to attend a victorian festival of christmas.
Have a look A Victorian Festival of Christmas it looks really good, I'm sure this will be what does it for me.
Normally the tradition in our house is when the first Coca Cola advert is on t.v. sad I know!!:lol:

I'm off to put my hat on to get in the spirit!

Do you have a certain time you start to feel christmassy or is it a certain event you attend to get you feeling a glow with christmas?

Next week hubs, kids, my mum, brother and his girlfriend are going to Portsmouth to attend a victorian festival of christmas.
Have a look A Victorian Festival of Christmas it looks really good, I'm sure this will be what does it for me.
Normally the tradition in our house is when the first Coca Cola advert is on t.v. sad I know!!:lol:

I'm off to put my hat on to get in the spirit!
I dont feel anywhere near as Xmassy as I used to when younger but that's to be expected I know.

Mmm I guess I feel the start of it when the Xmas films come on,I like to make mince pies with the kids whilst listening to xmas CD and that usually gets me in the xmas spirit.

I have to force myself to get into the xmas spirit tbh,i.e playing the xmas CD's whilst wrapping pressies.It seems to have come round so quickly this year.Cant believe its only a few weeks away:eek:

Usually though I dont really get into xmas mode until December,I do love it though,just all over so quickly.:green:

It all starts for me on Saint Nicholas day, (6th December).

Ever since I was little the decorations and tree has gone up on this day, and still does. (Kind of my little tradition).

It has to be said Christmas is so much more enjoyable for me since having Max (now 3 years old).

Was quite excited this morning when I received the delivery of his first decent guitar. Can't wait to see his face! (He has a toy one at the moment and he's very protective over it.) Who knows, maybe he's gonna follow his mum and dad as musicians!

It all starts for me on Saint Nicholas day, (6th December).

Ever since I was little the decorations and tree has gone up on this day, and still does. (Kind of my little tradition).

It has to be said Christmas is so much more enjoyable for me since having Max (now 3 years old).

Was quite excited this morning when I received the delivery of his first decent guitar. Can't wait to see his face! (He has a toy one at the moment and he's very protective over it.) Who knows, maybe he's gonna follow his mum and dad as musicians!
Oh bless him Jules,my son has an electric guitar and I need to get him booked in for some lessons.I think it's wonderful when people can play any kind of instrument,what a gift and a pleasure.

Kids do make Xmas so much more fun.Mine are getting older but still love finding their stockings at the end of their beds,opening them then going down stairs and seing the tidal wave of pressies under the tree and all over the lounge floor as there's just not enough room for them to all go underneath.

My daughter said one of her fave parts is Xmas dinner and I was really chuffed about that.:)

Yeh it's the simple things that make it special, isn't it?

We will more than likely be having our elderly neighbour (81) over for Christmas dinner, as we did last year. Poor old thing has no family, and if we can give him just that little bit of happiness and share our Christmas day with him, then that makes me happy too.

Yeah I say spread the love over Christmas! (Gosh how corny did that sound!):lol:

We had that Chritmassy feeling about September this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only becasue thats what they started talking about as soon as the kids went back to school!

I didnt mind though as I love it! The Argos Catalogue is well and truley ruined after the kids going through it countless numbers of times and circling everything they want!

The Coca-Cola advert though never fails to get me squealing with excitment!!

The first time I hear Christmas songs on the radio .... the first one was on Thursday (it's still November :eek:) .... Do they know it's Christmas by Band Aid, was the one they were playing. My personal faves though are Last Christmas by Wham and And so this is Christmas by John Lennon.

The first time I hear Christmas songs on the radio .... the first one was on Thursday (it's still November :eek:) .... Do they know it's Christmas by Band Aid, was the one they were playing. My personal faves though are Last Christmas by Wham and And so this is Christmas by John Lennon.
Thise 2 are my Crimbo favs aswell!!! Gotta love Wham!

I don't I'm afraid to say. Its not that I get depressed or anything but I nearly always work on Christmas day and now the kids are grown, its just a day that we give the kids something that they cant afford to buy for themselves but need. And seeing as we do this nearly every month, its not that special really.
As I said in (i think) Florence 2004's thread when the kids were little it was different and if they ever make me a grand parent it will probably be different again but for now............I'd sooner work and have a pub lunch if possible.

When the christmas tree goes up, and all that twinkles comes out.

I love christmas, and everything about it!!

We had that Chritmassy feeling about September this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only becasue thats what they started talking about as soon as the kids went back to school!

I didnt mind though as I love it! The Argos Catalogue is well and truley ruined after the kids going through it countless numbers of times and circling everything they want!

The Coca-Cola advert though never fails to get me squealing with excitment!!
same here hun....september is for me as kids go back to school...then the argos catologue comes and we have about 3!!!!! ....by the time jan is here....we need another catologue!!!!!.....then i see the adverts on telly.... I LOVE XMAS i am like a little child !!!

My eldest daughters birthday is the 1st of December.. so the weekend after that is always when we go choose a tree and decorate the house..
I think it unfair for some kids who have to compete with Christmas on their birthdays.. its totaly unavoidable for some.. as their born bang in the middle of it.. but i try to make her birthday all about her.. then tackle chrimbo!

So many people ask me do we still have Santa in our house?

My children are now 10, 12 and 14 and we will always have Santa in our house because i will never give in and say Santa doesn't exist. the kids laugh at me, and i pretend to get a little upset that they don't believe.

My dad never admitted to there being no Santa and was still leaving presents at the end of our beds when i was 18 and about to leave home. One year i came home drunk and he still waited till i was asleep before he left the presents at the end of my bed, Bless him. ( probably cos i had a little sister)

Santa IS real :)

same here hun....september is for me as kids go back to school...then the argos catologue comes and we have about 3!!!!! ....by the time jan is here....we need another catologue!!!!!.....then i see the adverts on telly.... I LOVE XMAS i am like a little child !!![/quot

yeah me too, the smell of chestnuts and twinkling lights, all the trees oh i love it all i cant wait for it. but it has come around especially quick this year. and the salon hasnt been like it would normally be end of november so wage packets are a little thin but it is the meaning of xmas isnt it. im quite a traditional gal at heart. i am just itching to put up the decs :o

I get in the spirit when the tree goes up.....usually the first or second week of December .....and I love to really dress up the presents with fancy paper .....and winkling bits.....sometimes there to pretty to open.....but not quite!:green:

my husband's birthday is Dec 6th and my son's birthday is Dec 15th!!!!!

we've always waited until jack's birthday is over before we decorate the house but he's nearly 9 and has requested it go up sooner this year. We've compromised and said after his dad's birthday, so will do it on that weekend.

I've decorated the therapy room but doesn't feel any different.

but got Jack's Wii out today and set it up, and bought a few stocking fillers so did feel quite in the mood today.

on christmas eve my hub puts talc footsteps on the carpet, we bite the carrot left for rudolph, drink the milk and eat the mince pie left for santa.

I make us all a stocking and my son says thats the best bit for him, he comes into our bed and we all open our stockings, even the dog gets one! I love doing the stockings as mine were soooooo boring when I was a kid, they were just fruit and chocs. I always buy a magazine each for the stocking, hub gets settlers! I get resolve!

Hiya Ggeeks,

I'm normally a summer babe, i have to say there is something about Christmas that sends me all funny and stuff. I think it goes back to when i was small, Christmas was sooooo much fun in those day's.

Hubby and I don't have any kids (through choice), i have to say that Christmas day is a day when i whished i had a house full of children.

It's a real family time, it's for the kids, what a precious time it is.

Merry Christmas and warm wishes to all you geeks.

I would like to make a special Christmas wish for all those family's who have brave Soldiers serving our country, and are not able to be with their loved ones this Christmas. GOD BLESS YOU

For me its when the shops start putting up their decs it starts me quivering with excitment.

It was only yesterday I put up the first of 6 of my christmas trees and decorated it. It will take me the rest of the week to do the rest. One is huge 10-11ft, the second is about 6 foot and the other four are quite small. I start dragging out my boxes of decorations and ornaments every year on the 24th November... and I no longer have any children living at home. I do it purely for myself and the family that visit over the hols. Funny thing is I am not an ornament type of person. My house is quite void of clutter for 11 months of the year and then at Xmas I go nuts.

Latest posts

Back