When is it time to get a new lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One client I found nothing worked till I tired ibx healing gel. So again had to try a new brand as cnd and halo (what im using atm) didn't work.
I also been thinking of getting the rubber gel but this is stocked by London Inc and gelish? Again another brand.

But this is exactly my point.
You can’t be all things to all people if you’re running a small business. If a client can’t get on with what you’re offering, you have to let them go.
You have to find your niche, work out your target market/client base and stick with it.

If you want to try the latest gimmick every couple of months, that’s your choice but if you want to actually earn a living, you have to stay constantly focussed on your profit margin.

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/will-it-make-the-boat-go-faster.200009/

Massive thank you to you all for replying I'm so greatful! Really I am! Massive thank you and reading them all.
I've got a few brands as diffent company's are bringing out new ideas.
Sorry not really explaining myself.
One client I found nothing worked till I tired ibx healing gel. So again had to try a new brand as cnd and halo (what im using atm) didn't work.
I also been thinking of getting the rubber gel but this is stocked by London Inc and gelish? Again another brand.

And I know I should stick to the same but again the industry is changing so fast and so many things to try and see what works for you.
Also I can not buy a lamp for each brand..
I want to invest but can't afford that.
I got a sun brand lamp (backup) and find that gets hot after awhile. Also I've noticed the gel not staying on as well as before with the old cnd lamp. (5 finger placement)
I Want to buy the new cnd but I'm worried that won't cure the halo (yes I can use the sun lamp) but really I want to find one lamp to rule them all [emoji23]
Maybe will go back to the 5finger placement once even thou if the client isn't smart enough to figure that out its a real pain
Again thank you all

See everything you are saying backs up the point that no lamp will cure all products - there is no 'one lamp to rule them all' - have you read the pinned post we keep going on about? I know it's pretty technical, I had to read it 3 or 4 times to get my head round it, but it really explains why you won't find what you want. It doesn't exist.

You will find there is that one client that nothing works for, you can't keep bouncing around products trying to find the perfect solution, it will cost you too much time and money. I get you want to provide the best service for you clients, but sometimes it's not down to you, it's them and the more you run around for them, the less respect they have for your time and money. They have to take some responsibility for the care of their nails, more frequent maintenance appointments, better care generally, etc. It's not always the techs fault.

You could actually be part of the issues if you're not curing the products with the correct lamp, or using the full system correctly, there will be product breakdown. That could be chipping, peeling, lifting, etc.

Yes there are lots of new things coming out all the time, but sit back a little and wait until the time is right, and do your research before jumping ship the 'new next best thing'

I understand that there isn't a universal lamp. But in the salon, techs will use one lamp as a universal lamp. The number of techs that do this far outweighs the ones that don't. So that is why I recommend the CND lamp as a universal lamp - for now until education can catch up.

LED bulbs do wear out. Gel polishes have to be 90% cured because if not, there will be unreacted ingredients and that will give you allergies over the long run. Gels harden due to the UV energy emitted from LEDs which degrades over time. It can still harden the gel but it will not be 90% cured. And with so many different gel brands and lamps, the curing % is almost unknown.

Also, CND lamps not only cure Shellac, but it also cures hard gels. So it definitely packs a punch if it needs to.

Also, CND lamps not only cure Shellac, but it also cures hard gels. So it definitely packs a punch if it needs to.

You can’t state your opinion as ‘FACT’. Where’s your evidence?

I know people repost all sorts of rubbish on social media without ever bothering to ascertain it’s accuracy but you can’t post your personal opinion as a FACT on a Professional Forum and not expect to be challenged.

Scientific evidence is what’s relevant, uninformed opinion isn’t worth tuppence.

Can you provide evidence of this please

Can you provide evidence of this please
It cures the cnd brisa gels. The 2B on the lamp stands for Brisa while 2S stands for shellac

So lets stay factual then
This is very different to

But this discussion was also about "universal lamps". A universal lamp doesn't exist but it does to a nail tech because they use it universally.
So the Brisa gel isn't the same as hard gel, but you are still curing the gel - the same thing youre doing with other lamps.

But this discussion was also about "universal lamps". A universal lamp doesn't exist but it does to a nail tech because they use it universally.
So the Brisa gel isn't the same as hard gel, but you are still curing the gel - the same thing youre doing with other lamps.

I don't mean to sound rude here to anyone, but maybe it's time to call this thread a day?

I feel like the pinned post should explain the followup responses and the rest to this conversation here really and I don't think arguing about it further will help anyone.

Your reply doesn't make much sense to be honest!?

But the big point the other Geeks are trying to make here is that nobody should be using any lamp "universally"! Unless other brands have tested the CND lamp properly and can genuinely confirm it will cure their products, then it shouldn't be used for any other brands. We are all aware that there are salons that do use one lamp to cure all the brands they use, but they shouldn't be! So nobody can recommend ANY lamp to be used in thus way!

Your reply doesn't make much sense to be honest!?

But the big point the other Geeks are trying to make here is that nobody should be using any lamp "universally"! Unless other brands have tested the CND lamp properly and can genuinely confirm it will cure their products, then it shouldn't be used for any other brands. We are all aware that there are salons that do use one lamp to cure all the brands they use, but they shouldn't be! So nobody can recommend ANY lamp to be used in thus way!
Amen!!

I understand that there isn't a universal lamp. But in the salon, techs will use one lamp as a universal lamp. The number of techs that do this far outweighs the ones that don't. So that is why I recommend the CND lamp as a universal lamp - for now until education can catch up.

LED bulbs do wear out. Gel polishes have to be 90% cured because if not, there will be unreacted ingredients and that will give you allergies over the long run. Gels harden due to the UV energy emitted from LEDs which degrades over time. It can still harden the gel but it will not be 90% cured. And with so many different gel brands and lamps, the curing % is almost unknown.

Brisa is not a hard gel (as someone already mentioned above)
LED's don't degrade like the old UV bulbs did
CND lamps do NOT cure hard gels.
Considering your lack of knowledge, you really shouldn't be recommending anything.
I'll recommend to you to read a few of Doug Schoon's books, and Marian Newman's.

I recommend one universal lamp and that is the CND lamp. But that lamps needs to be replaced once a year if you constantly use it everyday.

I recommend one universal lamp and that is the CND lamp. But that lamps needs to be replaced once a year if you constantly use it everyday.

Hopefully anyone reading this thread won't take this recommendation

I think you are just here to wind people up. Even CND say that their lamp isn't universal. Why would you argue with them?

Salon Geek is generally seen as a trustworthy forum where you can find factual answers to most of our queries. It is therefore very frustrating when the occasional "think-they-know-it-all" joins and persists in posting not only incorrect, but potentially dangerous advice and opinions, despite others (including an admin!) challenging them!

I hope the majority don't listen to such advice, but do worry that there will be others who will. Those who have already received similar poor advice through inadequate education where they are told any old lamp will do :-(.

I understand that there isn't a universal lamp. But in the salon, techs will use one lamp as a universal lamp. ...I recommend the CND lamp as a universal lamp - for now until education can catch up.

Education can catch up? I can only assume you mean that you hope that the scientists will develop a lamp to cure all gels but as we keep pointing out, that can’t actually happen because different gel brands have different curing requirements.

If it’s not fully cured, even if you can file it, you’re in danger of causing clients to develop life long allergies to nail enhancements.

That’s not something to be taken lightly.

I think it’s sensible to close this thread now because it’s clear that despite links to undisputed scientific evidence, some people still think if they choose to believe something and repeat it often enough, it becomes the truth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back