When Shellac is not enough?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odee

Reaction score
For clients that have weak peeling nails, 2 layers of topcoat is not enough,(tried the fibreglass, but with not much luck, not sure why as many of you are) can we everso lighty with the koala buffer remove the shine prior as with some of the colour gels, (with the client well aware of what were doing) instead of bringing in another line of products or moving them onto a nno. I tried this with my aunt (only, so far) and they lasted very well. or will it just cause further issues later down the line with weaker nails. I do use another line of gels that require the shine to be removed, Their nails have not become weaker and clients are prefering them if they have problematic nails,. its just i don't like the hassel of removing them when shellac is so easy, and with the additives soon to be out, i'd like to scale down to just one brand if i can. One Brand, One lamp and all that.xx

Last edited:
If a client has a slight peeling at the free edge than you can take your Koala Buffer and lightly buff off the detached area so that there is a solid base for the Shellac.

Saying that if they have excessive delamination over a large area of their nails and very weak nails then buffing the whole of the nail is going to cause more damage as you will be weakening what is weak already.
Clients like this need a base product like Gel or L&P to give their nails strength.
Hths

i'd like to scale down to just one brand if i can. One Brand, One lamp and all that.xx

if you have the need for clients to have a bit more strength under the shellac you could always put a layer of clear Brisa first. It's also CND and uses the same prep products and same lamp as Shellac. It would mean adding just one product instead of another whole line.

Thank you girls, i do have brisa and retention+, its just that a have other colours in another brand that i have to buff 1st and stay really well, but im only a small time tech and wanted to keep to one brand. Some of my clients don't want to go down the overlay route, The ones that didn't mind we have used brisa.

Hi there the OP said something about additives, does this mean cnd are bringing out something to make shellac stronger?? Like a soak off gel you can sculpt with etc? Xxx

Nope. additives are for creating custom colors and effects.

Latest posts

Back