When the tips go bad!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatildasMummy

Reaction score
Hey geeks

So if I cirnt buys Brazilian hair and it states it lasts 12-18 months what do you do about the tips? Surely they won’t last that long?! Already on some of my tips I can see that they are wearing down!

It would take to long on an maintenance appointment to remove and re-tip and re-tip is a skill in itself!

I just think what’s the point advertising hair that lasts this long when the tips go!

Any advice on what you do would be appreciated

Thanks

You can retip them or send them off for tipping x

I’m freelance so I find it easier to remove extensions and take them home with me for either the night or weekend, then go back to the clients to pop them all back in. They’re usually very understand and know it needs to be done due to wear. It’s simple enough to do once you’ve got the hang of it and takes me about an hour or 2 now to re tip and full set. I’ve actually just start re tipping hair extensions for 2 local salons near me, they just send me the hair, I tip and send back. Let me know if you need any more help or info x

I’m freelance so I find it easier to remove extensions and take them home with me for either the night or weekend, then go back to the clients to pop them all back in. They’re usually very understand and know it needs to be done due to wear. It’s simple enough to do once you’ve got the hang of it and takes me about an hour or 2 now to re tip and full set. I’ve actually just start re tipping hair extensions for 2 local salons near me, they just send me the hair, I tip and send back. Let me know if you need any more help or info x[/QUOTE

Ahhh i see! So ideally then at outset before a client has hair extensions you need to tell them that they will need to be re-tipped? Where do you get your glue from for re-tipping if you don’t mind me asking? Would you charge your clients for this service or would that cover the cost of the maintenance? Xxxx

Yes perfect! I charge £50 per hour for re fits, so I include this in the price, unless it’s out of my radius of which I think also charge travel too. I use Viola glue sticks. I get extensions from Prestige Hair Extensions, and I use Violas copper tubes (for mini tips etc) xx

Heya

All keratin will wear down over time and you will may have to retip depending on the method. Most brands should sell their keratin separately. Xx

Ahhh gosh thank you everyone for your replies! I wasn’t told this on my training!! I did this on one of my clients and found that when I put the hair back in it was really hard to match it up and it was all different lengths, they don’t teach you how to blend it in, what do you geeks do just blend it all in?! I find it really hard :-(

Do you mean when you reapply the hair? When I take the hair out I put it in different piles for bottom half of hair, top half and left side and right side x

Do you mean when you reapply the hair? When I take the hair out I put it in different piles for bottom half of hair, top half and left side and right side x
Ahhh right ok thanks! The issue I had before was that the girl took them out (her friend who is a hair dresser did it for her) then when I put them back in I found it really difficult to place them right! Felt like crying when I finished as I really struggled to blend them because they were choppy :-(

Latest posts

Back