When to do Extensions again?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi i removed my nail extensions on Sunday - one of those crazy moments! and some of my nails are really quite tender on the nail plate especially the thumb as the nail tip is very flaky and not nice at all, i really miss my extensions and now cant wait to re-do them (and my new gel arrived this morning!) i have been putting cuticle oil on them and nail hardener but when would you say is a good time to re-do them i dont want to be too impatient and make them worse but i feel naked with out them lol! x x ?

Kelly, you won't make them worse if you dont file the surface!

The best protection for damaged nails is to enhance them and then to let the damage grow out under the enhancement.

Basically just do them and then leave them alone until rebalance time.

geeg said:
Kelly, you won't make them worse if you dont file the surface!

The best protection for damaged nails is to enhance them and then to let the damage grow out under the enhancement.

Basically just do them and then leave them alone until rebalance time.
Did think it was ok to do them was just a bit worried as their tender but i will definately re-do them as i cant cope without them x x

Kellyc said:
Did think it was ok to do them was just a bit worried as their tender but i will definately re-do them as i cant cope without them x x

Once you protect them with an overlay, they won't feel tender anymore.

If using gel be careful to go in thin layers or you may feel uncomfortable heat.

If using L/P make sure your ratio is just right so youdon't get toomuch shrinkage and possible onycholysis.

If using wraps ... no problem.

I have to say i miss mine when i haven't got them on. I tend to do more damage to my own when not wearing enhancements than when i have them. So i always have them, and now mine are growing better, plus i won't pick at them if i have my L&P on. I chew them badly when i haven;t got the protection of L&P.

HI Wends, i feel exactly the same i hate it but i hated mine so much with the appalling smile lines from the extremely gloopy mtw they looked like big fat wedges on the top of my nails so im going to start again with my new NSI gel and hopefully will get them looking better x

Latest posts

Back