When to put prices up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnails18

Reaction score
Hello,

I’ve been doing just gel nails since October, however, I’ve already taken the deep dive and I do nail art/decals and open to anything really.
I am slowly but surely switching from using Pure Nails Halo polish to The Gel Bottle. There is quite a substantial price difference between the two, so I was wondering if I could have advice on pricing.
Currently I charge £15 for a set of gels.
Should I keep it at that?
Thankyou Xx

What are you thinking of raising your prices to? I personally think increasing prices from £15 is fine - especially if you are doing extras such as nail art etc. I would possibly pre-warn your clients what your new rates are (I'm sure you would anyway!) and I imagine if they enjoy coming to you, they won't mind the price increase.
Could I ask why you've moved away from Halo?

I‘ve been doing gels since June last year and Acrylics since September this year. I’ve kept my prices the same since I started but am putting them up as of tomorrow. I’ve given my existing clients 6 weeks notice and have repeatedly posted it on my Facebook page. I think going up from £15 is more than reasonable

What are you thinking of raising your prices to? I personally think increasing prices from £15 is fine - especially if you are doing extras such as nail art etc. I would possibly pre-warn your clients what your new rates are (I'm sure you would anyway!) and I imagine if they enjoy coming to you, they won't mind the price increase.
Could I ask why you've moved away from Halo?

as of yet I am unsure, I want to have a look/get an idea from others. Halo is good, but sometimes I find it can be a bit grainy when it’s not my fault (sometimes I think bits of the brush fall off inside) and I also find it can be a bit sheer and need a few coats to get a proper colour. Sogoing to try out The Gel Bottle and see how it is! X

Hello,

I’ve been doing just gel nails since October, however, I’ve already taken the deep dive and I do nail art/decals and open to anything really.
I am slowly but surely switching from using Pure Nails Halo polish to The Gel Bottle. There is quite a substantial price difference between the two, so I was wondering if I could have advice on pricing.
Currently I charge £15 for a set of gels.
Should I keep it at that?
Thankyou Xx
Hi ,
If you contact "the gel bottle" I am pretty sure that they will have a cost per service so that you can give a realistic price point. £15 seems way too cheap even for less affluent areas. Just thinking that you shouldn't undervalue your work, concentrate on doing a beautiful neat job. take your time and charge what it is worth. You will be investing a lot of money so don't work for nothing is my thinking.

Thank you so much! Good advice! Happy new year :)

hello
did you find out the cost of per service? i contacted gel nails and they didnt given me an answer.
im trying to find this out myself for my accounts
thank you

Latest posts

Back