When to start using models

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luntclaudia

Reaction score
I am currently halfway through the acrylic section of my Level 3 Nail Technology course. This week we did infills, glitter and 3D flowers etc.

When did you start using models and working on customers?

Thank you xx

I didn’t start until I was qualified but you could ask your tutor when she suggests starting. You can get insurance for trainees

I didn’t start until I was qualified but you could ask your tutor when she suggests starting. You can get insurance for trainees

I must admit that’s what I was planning on doing, waiting until I’m qualified. I practice on myself but don’t think I am confident enough to let loose yet.

I just wondered whether I was odd waiting as seen a lot of others advertising beforehand. All a matter of confidence I suppose. I already have the trainee insurance as we have to bring in a client to work on for final assessments (although myself and another student worked on each other).

Thank you for your reply I love your work xx

Thanks very much, I do between 5 and 7 sets per day now.
I found that I only gained confidence once I’d started doing sets for clients. It can be stressful initially.
You can be practicing on friends and family just now, the more the better and that will help with your confidence

Thanks very much, I do between 5 and 7 sets per day now.
I found that I only gained confidence once I’d started doing sets for clients. It can be stressful initially.
You can be practicing on friends and family just now, the more the better and that will help with your confidence

You do such beautiful things. The set up you have is what I would like ideally. Looks perfect. I think I am going to bite the bullet and do my best friends soon. I just need to get a grip and find some confidence!

I also think you will benefit greatly by practising on family and friends at this stage of your training.
Practice is very important and working on others rather than yourself is so different.
Some clients like to fidget and wriggle. You will need to expose yourself to the issues this can cause. Thats why I suggest family and friends.
Good luck on your journey.

Hi! I'm currently also doing my level 3 nail technology course. So far we've done mani, pedi, gels, wraps and now working on acrylics. I've very recently put out adverts on social media to request models for gel manicures so that I can get some more practise on other people and also to help boost my confidence. I practise acrylics on close friends only at the moment until I feel more confident to ask for other models.

Hope that helps!

Sophie

Hi! I'm currently also doing my level 3 nail technology course. So far we've done mani, pedi, gels, wraps and now working on acrylics. I've very recently put out adverts on social media to request models for gel manicures so that I can get some more practise on other people and also to help boost my confidence. I practise acrylics on close friends only at the moment until I feel more confident to ask for other models.

Hope that helps!

Sophie

Thank you Sophie. I think I just need to get some confidence! Xx

Latest posts

Back