When to tint for lash lift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey I've been trained in Lash Lift and tint but I haven't tinted anyone yet. I've done loads of lash lifts with great results and using salon services, I was told to tint after the 2nd stage, wipe it off then do the nourishing oil? I've read different reviews and seen that the tinting sometimes ruins the results etc so I'm scared to do it, also if I tint while lashes are lifted it will only tint one side???

Hey I've been trained in Lash Lift and tint but I haven't tinted anyone yet. I've done loads of lash lifts with great results and using salon services, I was told to tint after the 2nd stage, wipe it off then do the nourishing oil? I've read different reviews and seen that the tinting sometimes ruins the results etc so I'm scared to do it, also if I tint while lashes are lifted it will only tint one side???

I tint after the 2nd solution, tint while lashes are still glued up on to shield. Leave for about 4 minutes, wipe excess tint away then get client to remove last bit themselves with damp cotton pads. I pull bottom lashes up onto shield to tint these aswell (you may not be insured to tint bottom ones unless you have done a seperate lash tinting corse) It has always worked fine for me.

Personally I remove everything from the shields/rods and then rinse the lashes. Then dry the lashes and then tint as normal. If you tint on the shields then yes it does only tint the one side!

Personally I remove everything from the shields/rods and then rinse the lashes. Then dry the lashes and then tint as normal. If you tint on the shields then yes it does only tint the one side!

If always tinted on the shield and it doesn't just tint one side. It tints so over.

If always tinted on the shield and it doesn't just tint one side. It tints so over.
Thanks! Do I put the nourishing lotion on afterwards then take the shield off or Just tint then remove?

And this can be done straight after the lift? And do I leave the nourishing oil out of the process to tint then?

And this can be done straight after the lift? And do I leave the nourishing oil out of the process to tint then?
I take the tint of, it nourishing lotion to rub the lashes of the shield, get client to give them a good rub with damp cotton pad then add more nourishing lotion to leave on.

I take the tint of, it nourishing lotion to rub the lashes of the shield, get client to give them a good rub with damp cotton pad then add more nourishing lotion to leave on.
Ok thanks a lot, the tint I have is to be mixed with developer, tint I used before was straight out the bottle x

I use one that has to be mixed with developer to :)

I use one that has to be mixed with developer to :)
I take it it can't be mixed before hand and stored correctly like a few hours before?

I'm not sure as I don't know what brand ur using. I use flirties and have used it ok for 2 clients back to back. :)

I'm not sure as I don't know what brand ur using. I use flirties and have used it ok for 2 clients back to back. :)
I'm using appraise from eyeluvlashes. Still to mix it and try it. X

You can't make it up beforehand as it will start to oxidise and then won't be as effective. I use Elleebana and they have nourishers in them so there's no need for a separate nourishing lotion.
I trained in LVL over 7 years ago though and that had a separate nourishing lotion. Trouble with LVL is they teach to tint whilst the lashes are still stick to the shield. So you place the tint on and whilst some tint may soak through the lashes, it doesn't tint them as well as when you remove from the shields/rods and get the tint all over the lashes. I've done hundreds of lash lifts and when you tint whilst still on the shields then you can see bits where the tint has missed. So it's best to wash everything off and then tint separately.

I use Elleebana and I tint lashes right after the lift. Typically I'll dry the lashes with a handheld fan then I'll apply the tint on the lashes once they are dry. You don't have to do it that way but I like to take before and after photos during that time as well.

Latest posts

Back