When you're smiling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When your smiling

• Deep and curved

Votes: 63 25.9%
  • Just curved

Votes: 173 71.2%
  • Straight across no curve

Votes: 7 2.9%

• Total voters

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
In your opinion should a smile line be ?

I voted "Just curved" because most people have average or short nail beds and or keep their nails short or sporty length.

HOWEVER I would love to wear the deep curve on myself. I have long fingers and long nailbeds and wear LONG nails.. so I 'think' that would look great on me.
Just my opinion:wink2:

I hate straight 'smiles'. I think they look rubbish. I'm working and practicing my curves.. and sometimes they are probably a bit too straight and not curvy enough and I HATE'EM.

I voted "just curved", but I think it comes down to each clients natural nail, some clients suit "just curved" others suit "deep and curved".:)

I didn't vote as I think it dedends on the shape & length of the free edge. I do either just curved or deep & curved.

I like my smiles to be elegant and I voted just curved, although I may go a wee bit deeper than that. I try to mirror the shape of the nail at the cuticle.

As for deep curves/smiles, I think they look rediculous and very unnatural and not at all flattering on any nailbed. It is fine for competition (I'll need to practice going deeper LOL) to show someones skill but for day to day clients, definitely not.

I voted just curved as that seem to suit most people and also I cant a really do deep curves anyway:o clients are plesently surprised when you do a curved french that follows their own smile line as it looks so much more attractive than a straight across.

same here - just curved, i do a lot of nail enhancements that are short and on short nails and short nail beds the deep curve is very unflattering xx

it depends on the persons nails, the length etc..(i think anyway) my smiles with acrlyic are just curved but i can do wicked deep curves with my gels. :lol: :)

I voted ''just curved''
I think that for the everyday person that is ideal.
For the more outgoing, party girl, competition nails and celebs the deep curve is popular.

I would love to vote or have a great answer but I still have one day left to do in l&p with creative......my smiles are not very smiley!!!:cry: I am working on it though!!! They seem so easy then i put bead on and hold brush and think......arghhhhh!!

Lee
XX

i think it really depends on the nail bed you have to work with.... if you have a long slender bed or are extending the bed then deep and more chevron is the way to go but if the beds are wider or shorter you have to take this into account... and deep smiles would just look stupid and un balanced on diddy nail beds
so i havent voted as i think it depends what the nail bed is you have top work with ;)

Jess
xox

ps... i really hate it when a smile is straight across or doesnt have a wee curve going on... they can just look horrid imo!

I voted just curved as this is what i mainly end up doing, but i do like to do deep when someone's nail beds will allow.

I voted 'just curved' as i think it looks more natural and suits 99% of clients nails.
I tend to associate deep curves with competition nails and straight 'smiles' are just a no-no IMO.

I voted for 'just curved' because I do agree that it suits most nails. I however, LOVE deep curved nails and when I do ask for them they end up being 'just curved':irked: I think the 'deep curve' is sexy.

I love the deep curve look .....but I can't seem to get them quite right so I can only do curved.....but I'm gonna keep practicing till I get them right !

i voted deep c curve, though not always practical to do so.

thats my preference anyway.

i voted just curved, i'm not too keen a really smiley smiles. i usually do a nice slight smile although when i first started out they looked more like a smirk.

:green: x

Although I love the extreme look of deep curve on 90% of folk natural curve looks better. I have had a couple of requests for straight - but managed to talk them round!
KxXx

I haven't voted on this as I think it depends on the client - some suit just curved and others suit a deep smile. x

i voted slightly curved, I love deep curves but was always told follow the clients smile however like the other geeks said deep curves on long nails looks fab.

Latest posts

Back