Where am I going wrong with gel nails???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya,

I am doing the Essential Nails acrylic course and had the same problem in the beginning - the number 13 nail was a complete nightmare...and that's the one they mark you on!!! I stopped using the no. 13 and started practising on the other sizes of nails instead as I was using the number 13's up like nobody's business!!

I would definitely recommend the following steps, as they seemed to work for me (through trial and error, I may add!):

1. Use a bit more adhesive to prevent air bubbles
2. Use a bigger tip - the number 13 nail is very flat so I have been using the largest tip as it's the flattest
3. Cut some of the well out of the tip - this makes the tips easier to blend and more 'invisible'
4. If you use more adhesive (or too much!), leave the tips for a while before you start to blend them as they will just disintegrate when you try to blend them!

Good luck - you are not on your own, but it will get better - I promise!

Practise is the key!!!
Michelle

Well done! I told you that you will get there if your persevere at it!

It is hard to tell from the photos but i feel they may need just a little teeny weeny more blending to make the tip totally disappear but they are looking realy really good.

HEEEEAPS better hun!!! So pleased for you :hug:

Thanks Theresa, I think you are right, I didnt notice it when I did the nail but I can see it in the photos. Will keep practising, just feel so much better now I know I can do it I just need to perfect it now.

Teresa xx

Thanks Blossom. xx

sooo much better!! well done!
as theresa has said, just a bit more blending, so that you cant see the well atall and they will be perfect!!
keep going and show us some more pics
you should be very proud at the difference in them ! xxx

Thanks Theresa, I think you are right, I didnt notice it when I did the nail but I can see it in the photos. Will keep practising, just feel so much better now I know I can do it I just need to perfect it now.

Teresa xx

It may be over emphasised on the photo so it may be ok in real life. Look at them again in the flesh (even though its plastic flesh) and see if you can still see the tip then.

Keep us updated with how it all goes. x x x

Well done, what an improvement!!! As Oey has already said you need to blend the well a little more as it is still visable. I found a good thing to do it when you think you have blended it, wipe over it with sanitise spray and you can see if it needs blending more.

Good Luck and you know where I am if u want some more help

xxxxxxxx

well done! that one looks sooo much better!!

Latest posts

Back