Where are the other suppliers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have total belief in their product. A lot of them used to post on here almost daily and it's a shame they are no longer here.
I feel that I need to say that a lot of educators do still give their time for free and still help a lot of new nail techs, they just choose not to do it here.
There are other forums and also facebook and these people are helping others all the time.
Please don't think that because the distributors are not so prolific on SG that they are not helping people.
I know a lot of educators personally and speak to a lot of them on an almost daily basis and I know they are passionate about their work, their products and their students.

That's good to know Angelina . I was on several FB sites this morning just having a nosey and I can see the passion and love people have for their chosen product. I love that , regardless of your chosen brand it's great to see .

It's been a very long time since I posted on here, why? Because some silly little girl decided she needed to rip into me in order to make herself feel better. I have never put up with that sort of rubbish from anyone, so my choice, I left here. Am I still a nail tech? Yes, I'm now reaching the end of my Btec beauty therapy course, at the same time I have sort out the very best educators in the nail industry and taken as many courses in as many aspects of our industry as I could. I'll be taking my pttls course this year and I'll be a nail educator before the summer is here, I was one of those peeps who happily tried to help where I could on this site and also was happy to learn from others here.
I miss the nights when we all came here with a glass of wine by our sides and the laughter along with the very quick wit sped past at lightning speed. However, I'm still in touch with a lot of geeks through face book and not one of them would ever think to be rude to me, nor I to them, so in my opinion it's not us who have changed, we still have a laugh, still meet up at trade shows, share our experiences, of life as well as beauty and we manage to do all that without belittling anyone, without slating other techs or companies, so you guys tell me, why is it that every week someone on fb will post a link for sg and I look to see if it's something interesting or something that I can learn from or teach someone but within a page or two I find it's degenerated into something resembling a bunch of fish wives squaring of after too much home made gin?
Who has lost out here, us? Nope, we're still learning, still growing, still loving our industry, it's people on here (not a lot of you but some of you) who are rude who are belittling who are not worth our time, you are the ones who are missing out.
I've been on here a few times and read some comments that have been directed at people such as Geeg and I'm gob smacked, Geeg and I have not always seen eye to eye but I have never disrespected her, why? Because I bothered to find out who she is and what she stands for before I hit send.
Food for thought.
I was talking to Chris Taylor a couple of months ago, he's Eve Taylor's son, he told me sg was a advice site for none professionals, I told him he was wrong, I told him it was a site for professionals, he laughed at me, shook his head and said, Really? well you'd never know it from the way they all shout at each other.................

I'm very confident in the fact that she was indeed frightened. I think a good few of the class knew more than the tutor, and they were all students who used SG. people need to see SG for what it is, a community of professionals and those training to become professionals, regardless of brands you favour or don't, to help and support each other in the journey in the industry whether you're at the bottom or the top!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

well said !! completly agree and love it ! :) xxx

I think there is quite allot of silly generalisation going on in some of the answers given.

There are literally thousands of posts on this site every day. If one or two get a bit heated its a very small proportion when you look at the activity here.

@ Suzie ... I don't think anyone at all is missing out on what is on offer here unless they have chosen to. What has always been on offer is still on offer and those that want it grab it with both hands and we watch them grow and grow. And surprise, there are still plenty of people here who have a great laugh together and who have made and are still making great friends ... Take a look at the EVENT and that same spirit that you are nostalgic about is still more than evident in almost every post.

Concerning Chris Taylor; to make a comment like the one you say he made, he either must spend allot of time on SG himself to come up with a statement like that or he listens to the gossip that others like to spread about SG for their own reasons. I read hundreds of posts every day and rarely come across a contentious thread. Possibly one in every 200 or so. And where in the world will you find debate that is not sometimes contentious?

There are others who come here with the specific intention to cause trouble. To stir things up and most of it comes from a specific FB page and I also know that at least one of the posters in this thread is part of it. I'll leave it at that. This site has been targeted by a specific group to cause trouble and that is all I will say about it here. But if others can generalise then so can I so I will say that in general, when trouble starts, or should I say when the heckling of CND starts, it can be traced back to that group.

As for rudeness ... Well ... aggressiveness seems to be part of the culture these days.

If a person has a good vocabulary, writes well and uses words that are longer than 4 letters, they are accused of speaking down to others!! No guess work there.
If wrong information is corrected politely then they attack because they see it, as though they have been made to look small!
Time many grew up and learned to defend themselves with some dignity and with a logical argument if they have a case.

Last edited:
It's been a very long time since I posted on here, why? Because some silly little girl decided she needed to rip into me in order to make herself feel better. I have never put up with that sort of rubbish from anyone, so my choice, I left here. Am I still a nail tech? Yes, I'm now reaching the end of my Btec beauty therapy course, at the same time I have sort out the very best educators in the nail industry and taken as many courses in as many aspects of our industry as I could. I'll be taking my pttls course this year and I'll be a nail educator before the summer is here, I was one of those peeps who happily tried to help where I could on this site and also was happy to learn from others here.
I miss the nights when we all came here with a glass of wine by our sides and the laughter along with the very quick wit sped past at lightning speed. However, I'm still in touch with a lot of geeks through face book and not one of them would ever think to be rude to me, nor I to them, so in my opinion it's not us who have changed, we still have a laugh, still meet up at trade shows, share our experiences, of life as well as beauty and we manage to do all that without belittling anyone, without slating other techs or companies, so you guys tell me, why is it that every week someone on fb will post a link for sg and I look to see if it's something interesting or something that I can learn from or teach someone but within a page or two I find it's degenerated into something resembling a bunch of fish wives squaring of after too much home made gin?
Who has lost out here, us? Nope, we're still learning, still growing, still loving our industry, it's people on here (not a lot of you but some of you) who are rude who are belittling who are not worth our time, you are the ones who are missing out.
I've been on here a few times and read some comments that have been directed at people such as Geeg and I'm gob smacked, Geeg and I have not always seen eye to eye but I have never disrespected her, why? Because I bothered to find out who she is and what she stands for before I hit send.
Food for thought.
I was talking to Chris Taylor a couple of months ago, he's Eve Taylor's son, he told me sg was a advice site for none professionals, I told him he was wrong, I told him it was a site for professionals, he laughed at me, shook his head and said, Really? well you'd never know it from the way they all shout at each other.................

Susie I wondered where you had gone! Please come back more regularly, myself and I'm sure countless other geeks always appreciated your advice and warm words.

Sorry I know it's off topic slightly but I agree sometimes there is a bit of a pack mentality on here but it's only because people feel so strongly about their chosen brands and the geeks who give their excellent advice to all, free of charge, regardless of which system they are using.
It's always sad to hear that prolific geeks have decided to stay off the boards because of some eejit that hasn't a clue what they're on about or who they're talking to 😔 x

Latest posts

Back