Where are the talented techs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louise Manby

Reaction score
Ive got a salon abroad and I always have a huge problem finding anyone good enough to work in the salon. I thought there were no talented nail techs/beauty therapist anywhere in the uk as I never get any applying for the positions, if they say they are experienced, when they get here some of them cant even do french manicures! But as I see from these forums there are plenty of good nail techs/therapists, surely some of them fancy a summer abroad. I currently advertise on hairandbeautyjobs.com but think they put in fake cv's as have had so much bother with applicants. Does anyone know or recommend another site or way of recruiting experienced people?

I've responded in your other thread the same as this.

Louise, where are you in Greece??

Im in Samos Island, and to be honest although Im back to back busy, I would prefer to work alone until I can find somebody I can really trust to work in my salon. It seems there are many "Nail Techs" who offer themselves for work with me who deem themselves "competent" or "qualified" after attending a few nail seminars (aka chat and coffee).

This is my first message since the Spring as work is massively busy and Im non stop all day (but I only open 5 days a week, as 60hrs ++ is enough for anyone!!).

PM me if you to discuss work here in Greece. Im happy to offer my help.

Best wishes

Eva

Louise, where are you in Greece??

Im in Samos Island, and to be honest although Im back to back busy, I would prefer to work alone until I can find somebody I can really trust to work in my salon. It seems there are many "Nail Techs" who offer themselves for work with me who deem themselves "competent" or "qualified" after attending a few nail seminars (aka chat and coffee).

This is my first message since the Spring as work is massively busy and Im non stop all day (but I only open 5 days a week, as 60hrs ++ is enough for anyone!!).

PM me if you to discuss work here in Greece. Im happy to offer my help.

Best wishes

Eva

Hi Eva, Ive been here for about 7 years now and like you am ready for more relaxation! I get staff every year from the uk (as here in Crete the greek girls only want to learn from me then open their own shop in the same town!) plus Im in a tourist town that caters mainly for English. I just find it so annoying trying to find good staff. I have 2 shops and need the extra staff, as you know we can only do as much as we can. I wish I had 5 pairs of hands!

Latest posts

Back