Where are you going??..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a fantastic thread!!! Well in 5 years time I would like to have my own salon or even just a room to rent and call my own!! Location is everything so I obviously want a top location!! I would love to be busy and have someone to work with (working alone gets so lonely!!) I would also like to build on my training, and I am intending on doing my 7303 this year..........I did so much training last year, the last thing I did was a 121 with Carmen in Brid for 4 hours on sculpting.
I am very much looking forward to working with Colin and Britta at Wow over the next few years and am hoping that what we have all been working on for the past few months is successfull......ooooh watch this space geeks!!!!

:hug::hug:

Where do you actually see yourself in 5 years?

In 5 years lets see...my youngest will be 13, so I hope to still be doing what I am now...but more of it!
I hope my confidence builds and my health issues bog off so I can get on with my life the way I want to.

I would like to work my way up to entering comps...(just something for myself)
and possibly working up to an education standard...
I would like to one day be able to pass on all the correct information and education to others..
wether that be on a one to one basis, or in the media or teaching in schools..
From what I have heard nails will be a part of schooling by then..
as a young mum..who has been a single mum and on benifits..then cleaning loo's....and walking the streets in the hale and snow to give people aldi leaflets etc...lol,
I feel I could help the 15 year olds dabbling with the idea of having a baby coz theres nothing else to do....see that there IS something else for them.

Are you happy to work in a salon or mobile or from home?
I am happy working from home...but I am NOT happy with where in my home I am working...I would like this year hopefully to convert somewhere in my house so I have my own room...
In 5 years I hope to be doing both home and more mobile...it will widen my options and raise my income..yay !
The kids will be old enough to make their own tea etc..by then.

Would you like to further yourself in some way?
Oh yeah I defo would.....I want to further myself as much as I can !
whatever is going in this industry..I want to do it lol...
I also want to complete my waxing qualification..
atm I dont have plans to wax, but I feel its a waste if i dont finish it..I was almost there, and I have the kit, and bed and everything ..

Also I would one day hope to mabey do a Theatrical make up course,
as it is something I have always been interested in, since being a young teen anyway, but never thought was possible,

So far, the above are only things I want to do for myself though....

What are your plans?
To convert a room in my house for my own little salon,

To cram in as many courses as money will allow in the next few years, while my business is so quiet, I might aswell concentrate on my own education and bettering myself..
I hope that this will pass onto my kids..and they will see the importance of bettering yourself as they get older,

To Inspire others somehow,

Do you want to go into teaching or open your own salon?
I have no plans whatsoever to open my own salon...I am realistic and realise I do not have a good business head..or the confidence to run a salon,
I could gain a business head and confidence if I wanted it bad enough..but I dont lol

I dont want the stress that seems to come with a salon ...Im happy just cruising along the way I am for now,
I would like to get into teaching though...I only realised this a few months ago.

Are you feeling a little stagnant..not knowing what to do next?
In a way yes,
I feel I am holding myself back an awful lot,
I sit here thinking tomorrow I will do this and do that...then the day comes and I back out :cry:

I always plan on advertising and getting myself out there...but when it comes to it..I hide away in here,
Sometimes I get all of my kit out and plan a play day...then find my inspiration has totally run dry...that really annoys me,

I the same as most of us...am looking for perfection everytime..and I get a bit of a huff when I cant do it,
Part of me knows that, thats just the way it is.....but then another part of me thinks...well why can't I do "perfect" If I practiced more I would be able to.....I get frustrated with myself a lot of the time.

When was the last time you updated your skills?
it was the popit day !
But in a matter of a few weeks I had done the popit day...
a free NSI conversion...and a fabby ezflow conversion.

do you think you will carry on in your chosen field and get to the top..or is it all getting a little too much like hard work competing against the other techs and you feel like giving up at times?

I will carry on being a nail technician...and I think I always will be...
It has become ME !
Its not what I do....it is who I am.
I would like to get as far to the top as I can.
Ideally I would like to do something that has a little bit of variety, I do get bored easily, (dont we all lol )
So to fill my months up with a bit of an asortment...clients...teaching...and demo-ing...etc,,,would be fabby !

Brilliant thread hunny...one to look back on i think,
I could have wrote for england there, but I am on a time limit lol xxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

Good thread very thought provoking! :)

In 5 years time I would like to be:

• Fully qualified Nail Tech and Beauty Therapist, I'm busy training at the moment!
  • Opened my own upmarket salon running it successfully, either alone or with a business partner who has the same passion as me.
Further on than that I would love to get into the teaching/training side of things. I do an awful lot of traning new starters at my work at the moment and I run marketing workshops, I really love doing this and I always get good feedback.

Gemma x

I must be the odd one out...!!!...i am happy as i am...working from home....so in 5 years i don't want anything.....boring but truthful xxxxxxxxxxxx

I have racked my brains - in 5 years I will be 40. I have absolutely no idea what I want to be doing in 5 years...Am I weird? LOL

5 years feels like forever away, but it's so close. I've been in this house for 5 years and so much has happened. My first goal which I hope to achieve by the end of the year is to move into a new house that has space for a home treatment area. I want to cut down on mobile work and get clients coming to me. More time and cost efficient for me.

I want to build up a great client base so that I can give up my part-time job and just work solely for myself from home and to support the lifestyle that I want.

I have my 'secret' book with all the things I want in it over the next 5 years pasted into it (I'm hoping to be able to condense it into 3). A vision board isn't enough for me, I need a whole book to glue things into.

I also want my new peugeot 207 (which is of course in my 'secret' book).

Latest posts

Back