Where can a male get a body wax in lincolnshire?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revolution

Reaction score
Hi

As a modern male, though not namby pamby, I want to get some body waxing done, it looks good, you feel cleaner etc etc. Trouble is, there is NO WAY I can go and queue in a salon to get it done.....not even a unisex one! c'mon.......i'm a Caveman, we don't go to beauty salons!

I would like to find a private induvidual who can carry out the necessary treatments, with some, um discretion...? Either fully qualified, or I could even act as a model for someone learning who wants to practice the techniques.

In or around the Lincs region?

:green:

if i was near you i would oblige as i have several male waxing clients. be patient and somone should reply to you

I'm in spalding, but can't wax sorry...

But I'm sure someone might need a willing waxing victim :)

Victim? I don't mind a little bit of pain......lol

If you want to take a day out to west yorkshire i can do your waxing in my small salon, i only have one client at one time booked in so no queueing with ladies lol and very private,
too far to travel i know but you will find someone in a similar situation near to home that will help you out.

Get your Yellow Pages out and do some phoning up, there are loads of smaller salons that don't have ladies queuing up for treatments all of the time and there are even many male only salons out there.

Many mobile therapists would be wary of going into a man's home alone to do a treatment, especially an intimate one (although you haven't said what you need waxing), although some might.

I do have an idea though, Axiom on here is looking for a mail waxing model to be photographed for his male waxing education course notes....maybe that's an idea?

THanks for all your help so far guys. That's what i'm looking for a discrete salon with only one client at a time, so if I struggle to find anything local then a day trip may be on the cards loubyloo. I wouldn't have thought West Yorks is that far.

Here's a question I was just thinking about..... lets say you have a chest and back wax, and get the shoulders done aswell, would you have the upper arms done aswell? And if that's the case, wouldn't it look odd to have arm hair stop at the elbow!! ?

Also, does the hair grow back finer? That would look better than shaving. I shave my shoulders, particularly when wearing a vest in the summer (not much chance of that this year? and of course it needs doing every day.

Here's a question I was just thinking about..... lets say you have a chest and back wax, and get the shoulders done aswell, would you have the upper arms done aswell? And if that's the case, wouldn't it look odd to have arm hair stop at the elbow!! ?

It's usual to have the hair on the shoulders waxed with your chest and back, but I wouldn't recommend taking it as far as the elbows as it'll look a little odd. Instead, ask your therapist to "blend" into the top of the arms, so that you get a gradual fade between hair and hairlessness just above the t-shirt sleeve line.

Also, does the hair grow back finer? That would look better than shaving. I shave my shoulders, particularly when wearing a vest in the summer (not much chance of that this year? and of course it needs doing every day.

Yes, compared to shaving the hair grows back finer and slower - this is because waxing removes hair at the root rather than being cut by a razor at skin level, so it's a new hair that grows in place of the one that's been uprooted. Eventually if left to its own devices it will all grow back, so keep up regular appointments every 4 weeks and you'll enjoy longlasting results.

Just as a quick aside - if you've shaved recently, it'll take a few appointments for you to get best results but stick with it - it's worth it!

Cheers for that Axiom....

The hair can be blended? I was going to ask that, but thought it would be a stupid question as I figured that that would be immpossible..... lol.

Cheers for that Axiom....

The hair can be blended? I was going to ask that, but thought it would be a stupid question as I figured that that would be immpossible..... lol.

No worries :D There are a couple of blending methods - your therapist can either use the wax already on the strip to gently remove some of the remaining hair (i.e. the wax lifts some but not all of the hair, reducing the density of growth), or he/she can clipper the last inch or two so that it fades from hair into hairlessness. I tend to use a combination of both to get a natural look - if done correctly, even as the first few hairs start to grow back you get a gradual fading that looks more natural than a solid line.

No worries :D There are a couple of blending methods - your therapist can either use the wax already on the strip to gently remove some of the remaining hair (i.e. the wax lifts some but not all of the hair, reducing the density of growth), or he/she can clipper the last inch or two so that it fades from hair into hairlessness. I tend to use a combination of both to get a natural look - if done correctly, even as the first few hairs start to grow back you get a gradual fading that looks more natural than a solid line.
Andy, I want to add clipping to my service menu. Can you tell us a little bit about your technique please? Any particular clipper? What number do you have it on? What direction? Is it a popular service? Thanks. xx

Andy, I want to add clipping to my service menu. Can you tell us a little bit about your technique please? Any particular clipper? What number do you have it on? What direction? Is it a popular service? Thanks. xx

I added body trimming to my service menu earlier this year after I kept getting enquiries for it as a stand-alone service. It's a popular treatment for chaps who want a tidy look but don't want to remove all of the hair - particularly for the chest area. I also get a few sports players who get their legs clippered as short as possible, as apparently it makes taping more comfortable

I invested in a pair of professional cordless hairdressing clippers - not cheap, but I use them day in, day out and got a free mini trimmer as part of the bargain (Sallys and Capital often have these deals on, and it's worth getting the two sizes as you can get into more nooks and crannies, so to speak!! :lol:).

Normally I start with a grade 3 (9mm) all over and blend the edges down to a grade 2 (6mm). On the front torso I also do a grade 2 around the nipples and navel. Good clippers will allow you to set the blades inbetween these grades, too, so you can be very specific with your blending where needed. Grade 3 is about right for most people, but if they are very nervous about how it will look or you're doing something like the arms you can start higher and work down. Lightly powder the skin first to reduce irritation, then clipper against the direction of hair growth. Finish with a moisturiser or afterwax lotion.

The plastic comb attachments/guards are easy enough to clean after use, and a good professional pair of clippers will also allow you to take the blades off for cleaning (go for metal blades rather than ceramic). Don't bother buying one of the expensive clipper cleaning machines - you just need to brush the hair off and clean and oil the blades regularly to keep them in good condition.

Hope that helps :D

Thanks Andy..........You're a star. xxx

Christ Andy knows his stuff....

HE IS THE WAX GURU! :green::green::hug::green::green:

Thank you ladies, both of those are much nicer than "The Ball Barber of Basingstoke", which is what my mates have started calling me... :green: :lol:

love it ! cant you change your user name :green: he he!

love it ! cant you change your user name :green: he he!

yeh, team up with katelisa, shes the birmingham beaver barber :lol:

Latest posts

Back