Where can I find financial info for business plan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitten

Reaction score
I'm writing a business plan for a college course & need some market info - e.g. market size, market share for mobiles/salons etc. plus regional info if poss. Without this info I won't be able to forecast sales realistically - I'm struggling! Anybody any ideas of where to get a report or info on web? Thanks for any help!

Try contacting your local Busines Link (most regions have one) They have advisors who will give you FREE advise on business planning, and could probably give you some stats as well.

Kitten said:
I'm writing a business plan for a college course & need some market info - e.g. market size, market share for mobiles/salons etc. plus regional info if poss. Without this info I won't be able to forecast sales realistically - I'm struggling! Anybody any ideas of where to get a report or info on web? Thanks for any help!

Even distributors can only guess at the size of the nail market in the UK because there is no record of who is actually doing nails as there is no LICENSING! There are no statistics that are meaningful or really accurate.
Someone at Scratch magazine or Professional Beauty may be able to give yousome guidelines on the size of the market butit would be an educated guess.

Contact HSBC new business dept. They give out packs to potential new clients which include a step by step Business plan broken down in to plain english for a change. Maybe that will help you.

I agree the banks are quite usefull as well as Businesslink. Your college course may only need a demonstration of your understanding, eg work out the population, divide by two, take a % of what you think the client base would be, then work out a reasonable number of treatments. Even paid for market info (which is very difficult to get hold off - as per Geeg) is out of date. Check your answers by multiplying the number of users on this board by an average number of clients and see what figure you come out with!

Good luck - don't get too bogged down with the detail - you need to demonstrate an understanding of this not absolute accuracy. I appreciate it needs to relate to real life but there is a balance.

Let us know if you pass!

Cathy

Thanks everyone - I think I might have been getting a bit obsessive compulsive about it, and might need to look at it more like an exercise in demonstrating that I understand how to put a business plan together rather than focussing on accuracy like you all mentioned. Although it does beg the question, when I'm ready to set up in business, where would i get accurate info from then?????

Thanks all for you help and I'll keep you informed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back