Where can I get paraffin wax in pots? Or empty pots to put it in?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimbogeri

Reaction score
I am wanting to offer paraffin waxing as part of a luxury manicure but I only have a pot wax heater and I really don't want to spend money on a volume heater. Trouble is, I can't find anywhere that sells pot paraffin wax.
Actually, that's not true, Salon Systems do one, but I don't like the smell and I'm not sure I could cover it with essential oils.
I've tried using an empty wax pot but it used to have tea tree wax in it and the smell lingered and made my chocolate paraffin wax smell horrible! (Luckily I was only testing it out.)
Does anyone know where I can buy paraffin wax already in pots, or empty pots to melt it in?
Thanks!

What make is you wax pot as I know some do spare pots to go inside....Hara do and I know I've seen another one in Aston & Fincher.

It's the Salon Systems pot wax heater.. as far as I know it can only hold pots as they do a separate volume wax heater, but I may be wrong!

No, I think you're right there as I have this heater as well as the Hara one.

With the Salon System paraffin wax, could you turn it out of the pot before you heat it up....wasted money I know....but you'd have an empty pot....and then use the empty pot to fill with your chosen wax...many of which come in pellets so can easily be tranferred.

i have parefin wax from hive and it is in very small blocks perfect size for a single mani or pedi so no wastage and fits great in a pot wax heater, i think there is about 30 in a pack hth

I was going to start doing paraffin wax treatments but like yourself I didn't want to invest in a large heater. I got a seperate inner pot for my hive heater and tried it that way. It was a disaster. I just couldn't keep the wax at a stable temperature and it was very messy as I had to lift out the pot to apply with brush etc. Then my client (friend) wanted a wax treatment and had to swap pots again. decided not to bother until I can find a bargain paraffin heater.

However, it will cost you very little to have a go so hopefully you will be more successful than I was.

I use my sugaring heater and put my wax into empty sugar paste pots and find it works fine without any lingering smell. I then keep that pot separate and use it each time for my paraffin mani/pedi.

If I had a spare sugar pot to send you I would but have thrown them all away. I do though have a 1kg pot that I could send you if that would fit into your heater. Mine takes the 500g pot and I haven't got any empty ones left.

Latest posts

Back