Where did the Oldies go? (as in Geek-mentors)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
planky1... I can't believe I read all of that... I usually avoid the long ones like the plague, you should be honoured!! :lol:

Me too An*gel, but Planky1 very kindly put lots of spacing and paragraphs in to make it easier to read... :hug: I like it when people do that !!

Regarding what you said Planky1 I know where you are coming from and so glad you are still hanging about here !

Back in the day when I was a newbie, we had negative rep points as well as the good kind ;)
I posted a glib little post that I thought was soooo funny but someone did not, and lo and behold I got a negative rep :o

It certainly made me sit back and read and reread all my posts before I hit the send button !! That said after a while most people on here got to know me and my style of posting and me and my neg repper got on famously after I saw the error of my ways !!

I think that is the difference now, there are so many members that no one is really getting the time to read through someones posts and pick up on their style and personality and are seeing judgements and insults where there are none!!

I am so glad thet negative rep got done away with as it did cause more problems than it solved, but giving reputation points is still a great way of everyone showing appreciation without clogging up the threads with all the gushy stuff :green:

yay! there are still some oldies around as well as lots of newbies!! Who the heck has time to read through all the forums and groups and posters profiles though is beyond me!!!
I search when I need info and sometimes flick through the threads but I am trying to spend more time building my business and working on marketing and building my knowledge.
Threads can get out of hand but you need to step away from them when they get like that - they are only thoughts on an internet site, not the end of the world.
So, newbies - enjoy the oldies experience, report someone if they appear to be bullying you and use the search facility BEFORE asking a question and oldies - chill, remember you were inexperienced once, report someone if they appear to be offensive or rude and have a glass of wine BEFORE answering a thread ;-)
Love you all, love this site and love being a lurker :-D

Me too ... !x Even if you do use that other stuff !! :lol::lol::lol:

'That other stuff'????? How rude :):green::)!!! I do love my new Ret+ powders though - not a single air bubble to be seen..... Can't wait to rebalance it in a couple of weeks and see how it's lasted.....

The other reason I'm more absent these days is I'm that I'm so darn busy..... Not complaining, but not so much time for geeking :)

'That other stuff'????? How rude :):green::)!!! I do love my new Ret+ powders though - not a single air bubble to be seen..... Can't wait to rebalance it in a couple of weeks and see how it's lasted.....

The other reason I'm more absent these days is I'm that I'm so darn busy..... Not complaining, but not so much time for geeking :)
Really happy to hear that, Vetty. I knew I could poll a bit of fun at ya and you would take it as it was meant ... Cause we go back long time now! Xx

Really happy to hear that, Vetty. I knew I could poll a bit of fun at ya and you would take it as it was meant ... Cause we go back long time now! Xx

geeg, I was LMAO at your 'other stuff' statement as I knew you were jesting. It was so funny! :)

Sometimes I feel like a bit of a fraud on here as I did belong to the old Nail Geek site from 2003 (I think) until I took a bit of a "beauty break" but had a different member name back then. I sort of look a bit like a newbie on here now but probably a few of the original members would still remember me...my old member name was simply Shaza and I had a salon called Pamporium once in a previous life :hug:

Me too An*gel, but Planky1 very kindly put lots of spacing and paragraphs in to make it easier to read... :hug: I like it when people do that !!

Regarding what you said Planky1 I know where you are coming from and so glad you are still hanging about here !

Glad I made the reading of my essay easier for you :D I do like paragraphs!!! Lol and thank you :hug: xx

Latest posts

Back