where did you all train? and what courses did you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some gel nails applied at a local salon and made it known to salon owner that I would love to do nails. She was very rude and said I didn't have the patience. Anyway my gel nails all came off within a week and this ladies comments spurred me on. Started at Star Nails and then went onto Creative Conversion Course and did all the Master Classes. Was very brave and went out mobile doing nails very cheap and my baby was only 8 months old. After a year of mobile and getting my speed down to l.5 hours I applied to a couple of salons. To my amazement both salons offered me a job and I chose the salon nearest to me. After two years at a salon and also working from home, one of my regular clients opened a tanning shop and asked me to work for her. I have been there for 7 months and it was a risk, but the best move I ever made. I am fully booked for 2 months and am only tech around that does Forever French. Thankyou Creative for inspiring me. Hope to get my own shop in the future.

Hi all

I started with Backscratchers. Had to attend a manicure course (fine by me) sitting in what basically equated to a walkway through to the toilet!Then progressed to a 1-1 with one of their regional educators. She came to my house and acted as though she owned the place! I found her to be rude, arrogant and quite intimidating. This was for 1 day......in this time how can anyone be expected to learn the ins and outs of the nail. When I phoned her up a few weeks later with a problem and lack of self esteem, she then continued to make me feel worse!! She came back a couple of months later to inspect my work and to see if I was eligible for certification. This lasted 2/3 hours if that. Yippee, I am now a fully fledged nail tech.......I don't think so :(

£500 odd pounds lighter I then sought out Denise Wright, lovely, lovely lady. I went on a 4 day foundation L&P course with her training with NSI and learnt much much more. However, wanted to take it further. That's when I attended a Creative conversion course. Found a company with great products and so much information. I went back and did all my Master classes and finally became a certified Master nail tech in Nov 2001.

All I have ever wanted to do is to learn as much as I possibly can about providing the best nails and service possible. Tracey Leja at the Loughton, One Stop Nail Shop has always been there to talk to if a problem has arisen. Thats what should be available to everybody who takes a course. Further tuition/advice should be available to them long after the course is completed. That is where, in my opinion, Creative really have got it sussed. That and the fact that we now all have access to such a fantastic board that really throws forward some amazing advice.

Thanks guys, Adele

from 1991 to Sept 2002 I was the Director of Education for Designer Nails incorporating the Creative Nail Acdemies; although I changed positions last year into more trade and consumer PR, I still have an active input into the Academies as does Samuel and Gigi.
I will say honestly that it makes me feel so positive and good to hear feedback like the post you have just written. Above anything else, we want our students to become not good nails teks but GREAT nails teks. I think that how we choose and teach our Creative Ambassadors goes such a long way in how our students turn out in the long run. Creative over the years have given us excellent education programs that we have adapted for the British market.

Thank you for your positive and encouraging words. The lovely Tracey would be thrilled to know how encouraged you have been by her. I hope we continue to satisfy our customers and students in this way. Equally, if there was something negative I would like to hear about it too. Thanks for sharing ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back