Where Did You Train? Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherrysnails

Reaction score
:green: Hi all!

Just wondered where you all did your training? I'm starting my distance learning course in 2 weeks? I was going to do a Creative nail course, but work commitments and having to travel to Creative academy have knocked that on the head? Advice anyone?! :eek:

Thanking you!

D* xXx

:eek:What a shame because Creative training is the best you can get.

If you are going to do something best to get it RIGHT from the start I say. Move heaven and earth to do what you want to do if you want the best. You will most likely not be able to find the best training on your door step!! Having said that, one of CND's best trainers, Amanda Fontanerosa is in Oxford. She is also a geek ... Mandini if you want to contact her.

Geeg is right! I trained with Creative from the start (had a lucky escape from looking at another course which I now know from reading on here is utter pants!) and don't regret a minute.

I was still working full time and had 2 kids when I did my Foundation Course - it was really hard! I travelled 60 miles each way and then was up til all hours completing my homework - but you know it was worth every tear that I shed!!!! Go Creative if you can, otherwise you spend money on one course then end spending it all over again doing what you wanted to do in the first place.....

Oh and Amanda who trains in Oxford is both a fabulous educator and a lovely person!

i did my initial training with Creative in milton keynes with debbie but i now do my training with ezflow in norwich with victoria, i have 3 kids under 6 and a business to run and its all very hard work to fit all these in and do training but its definatly worth it ive learnt so much from all the training ive had , if you get the chance to do some training with one of the big companies then definatly go youll learn soooo much, good luck.

I too trained with Creative, with Denise Holland who happens to be very close to me. I loved every minute of it and have recently been back for a 121 with her

I trained with NSI & not regretted it as they our fab also!! Hope you can sort something out that will suit your needs soon!! :) Maybe a one to one would be better for you, have someone teach you at home. Some trainer's/teacher's do this!!

I trained with NSI & not regretted it as they our fab also!! Hope you can sort something out that will suit your needs soon!! :) Maybe a one to one would be better for you, have someone teach you at home. Some trainer's/teacher's do this!!

I, too, had a 1-2-1 with an NSI trainer only last week - at home! She travelled from Manchester. I can honestly say that I learnt more tips in one day than I did for the whole of 36 weeks at college!!! :eek:

xx:hug:xx

I, too, had a 1-2-1 with an NSI trainer only last week - at home! She travelled from Manchester. I can honestly say that I learnt more tips in one day than I did for the whole of 36 weeks at college!!! :eek:

xx:hug:xx

wow...home visits....:idea: now thats an idea....how many people do you think would be more than happy to pay that bit more for the conveinience...and that your getting 1 on 1 xx

My training was also with Creative and although i have nothing to compare it to the reputation the company has speaks for itself. x

wow...home visits....:idea: now thats an idea....how many people do you think would be more than happy to pay that bit more for the conveinience...and that your getting 1 on 1 xx

totally agree, that would help me so much! so if anyone know's of anyone in the oxfordshire area that is a mobile training nail tech that'd be amazing!

thank you for all your replies, this is ever so helpful!

keep them coming!

D* xXx

I was looking into the home/distance learning course...but I just felt it wasn't right or ethical ( sorry for those who have done this...it's only my ickle opinion ). I have 5 children and live in a little port in Spain.... so I thought I was totally out of the loop as regards to training.

But through this site...I am now in the middle of doing my CND foundation course with a wonderful person:lol::lol::lol: .... this is in Spain...and I only have to travel about 20 minutes..!!!!!!!

How on earth anyone can learn this profession without some sort of interaction with someone who knows what they are doing I will never know...you gain so much from having a real life person guiding you through the process ( this could be just me .... I am probably lacking a few brain cells ).

Move heaven and earth if you have to... but I personally think you will definitely be a better 'technician' if you go on one of the many courses that will give you human contact :lol: I would have thought there were a fair few options in and around Oxford (?)

Whichever way you go...I hope it turns out well for you and you enjoy it xxx

I did nearly all the essential nails home learn, which, were good at the time and has given me a good understanding of nails I have since gone to college to do VTCT in manis & pedis and start my VTCT in nail technology tonight at college! I also get the CND cert with it as we are being taught by an ambassador and using their products!! SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

I have since learnt that I need a real life person to teach me and physically see how I am performing and where i am going wrong! This is just not available from a dvd!!!

HTH

Well, I have to say that I started with the Essential Nails - which was ok - but I wasn't disciplined enough to carry it through, so I went and trained with Creative and it was absolutely fantastic.

Geeg is right about Mandini - she is very talented and a lovely person to boot :hug:

I also think the service Retired had was brilliant - 121 at home cool :cool::cool:

Best of luck in which ever route you take :hug:

Hiya
Training and education is excpetionally important but what is more important is not only finding a good company to do your training with but also having the correct educator, its ok paying hundreds of pounds to a company only to find the educator didnt listen to your needs, didnt relay information back to correctly amongst other things.

Everyone learns in different ways and some educators forget that and teach in one way, which doesnt suit everyone, my advise would be to have a really goodlook around at different companies and educators.

Amanda

Go with reputation every time.

Good teachers are ones who know very well that not all students learn in the same way and have a variety of explanations up their sleeves to accommodate all types of learners.

The Creative Nail Academy educators are all taught to teach this way and there is really no way of knowing or finding out this kind of information before attending a class without a recomendation from someone who has attended.

Here you are being given those recomendations by those who have had the experience.

Gotta agree with Geeg, all the Creative Educators I have come into contact with, have been excellent AND made it fun, so everyone gets caught up in the enthusiasm of the training :green:.

Furthermore, you will only get out of training what you put in, so if you don't share the enthusiasm of the educator and do not get the best out of them, then that is not their responsibility - it is give and take - six of one and half a dozen of the other. Give 100% commitment and it will be very rare you won't 110% back :green:

I'm not saying other educators are no good, as I am sure that there are many other brands, who do have fantastic educators. I have said myself in other posts, I would love to experience work by Ant Buckley - from what I have seen, he has fantastic skills in 3D art :green:.

BUT many a nail tech has been taught by Creative and I don't believe many IF ANY at all, have found the training less than excellent :green:

Sure look around, it is good to do that weigh up pros and cons, however, I know which brand I will continue training with :wink2:

good not agree more with your thoughts ,! after care support and continual buissness support have been a great assest to a lot of students too !.

Where have u been fabarooney to see you again xx

Hiya
Training and education is excpetionally important but what is more important is not only finding a good company to do your training with but also having the correct educator, its ok paying hundreds of pounds to a company only to find the educator didnt listen to your needs, didnt relay information back to correctly amongst other things.

Everyone learns in different ways and some educators forget that and teach in one way, which doesnt suit everyone, my advise would be to have a really goodlook around at different companies and educators.

Amanda

good not agree more with your thoughts ,! after care support and continual buissness support have been a great assest to a lot of students too !.

Im with you girls on this.

Having done training with NSI, Creative, Young Nails and EZ flow.

I have been to most if only to do a conversion and have settled on :: Distinctive Nail Products :: Young Nails .co.uk :: The Nail Professional's Partner ::.

As it has already been said each company is different in there approch the one thing they all have in common is commitment to Education and the best thay can do for each student.:hug:

Ha ha ha ha

Ive been around chick.......just really busy what with one thing and another.......done a teaching course in the meantime too.....7407 stage one and two..........................really hard work lol

But it gives me a better understanding of students learning needs and styles

Amanda

fab to seee you back knew you would not go for long !!, glad education is still your focus xx
Ha ha ha ha

Ive been around chick.......just really busy what with one thing and another.......done a teaching course in the meantime too.....7407 stage one and two..........................really hard work lol

But it gives me a better understanding of students learning needs and styles

Amanda

HI, off the top of your head, does anyone know if there is a Creative Trainer in Hertfordshire/Cambridge?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back