Where do I buy kits for my beauty courses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindy1005

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I've taken the plunge and signed up for my 25 wk ITEC Beauty course. Now I am asking for your advice in choosing kits for the various courses. I would prefer to buy a good kit to start with than buy something and find out I need to buy another later so I need advice in choosing. Where exactly do you shop for all your beauty products? I'm brand new so I don't know where to start!

thanks for your help
Cindy

Any advice on suppliers for beauty kits? Which ones are the best, what do I need to look for?

Do you have a list of what you need? Then maybe people can advise you better x

Dear Crunch Bunch,
no I haven't got a list, which is why I'm at a loss where to start! No idea what to buy and from where. What did other people buy for level 2 ITEC Beauty?

thanks
Cindy

Dear Crunch Bunch,
no I haven't got a list, which is why I'm at a loss where to start! No idea what to buy and from where. What did other people buy for level 2 ITEC Beauty?

thanks
Cindy

I haven't done the ITEC, but I would ask the college what you need - maybe it's all provided?

I would imagine any kit you will need will be to practice on clients at home, as products and equipment should be provided by your training provider for your class training, you will probably need the following:

Waxing kit (starter kit including heater, wax, strips, spatulas, pre & post wax solution, wax cleaner)
Manicure & Pedicure kits (products including cuticle softener & remover, massage cream, soak, hygiene spray, mask and exfoliatot, cuticle nippers, cuticle knife, foot rasp, files, orangewood sticks, nail clippers, base coat top coat & selection of colours)
Eye treatments kit (tinting kit, extensions kit, tweezers & scissors & maybe perming kit)
Make-up kit (range of colours & types including concealers and brush kit)
Facial kit (products, sponges, headband etc)

The list could go on forever; but the above covers your basics and if you search 'beauty wholesalers' or 'beauty supplies' on the internet there will be a full list of companies- most of who will offer ready made 'kits' for the different treatments, but a starting point might be 'Ellisons', 'Beauty Express', 'Salons Direct', 'Salon Sales'.

Hope this helps!

Thank you BHTC for the suggestions! I was sold the eye tinting and extensions kit when I signed up for my course with Affable Therapy. I had my first class on Sat and I really enjoyed it - but we were expected to have the kit! My course officially begins on June 3rd when I have waxing. I did ask for a complete kit list but have not yet received one. I have looked at some of the sites you mentioned but I'm a bit confused - am I supposed to buy 1 wax heater or the twin one? Do we need 2 for different types of wax, or is this optional? What kind of heater/wax do you recommend? I'm sure some brands are more popular/better to use than others so I'm interested in hearing your views on these since I've never used them before. I do appreciate your advice!

best wishes
Cindy

Latest posts

Back