Where do I start?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joannec79

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m a complete newbie to the world of beauty, currently working in the corporate world and feeling completely disillusioned. I’m now approaching 40, and feel desperate for a career change and new focus.

We recently moved house, and am in the fortunate position that our new home has a large log cabin in the garden, which was used by the previous owner as a salon. There is power but no running water currently.

I am really keen to explore the world of PMU, as it’s something I like to have done myself and feel that I’d be a good advocate. I’m just wondering where on earth to start?! I am based in Hampshire and have been recommended both Theresa Wild and The Clinical Academy, among with KB pro who are slightly further away. Does anyone have experience of these? Pros/cons?

Is SPMU still the right area to get into? Is the industry becoming saturated with new technicians? I initially thought of just training in microblading, but should I be looking at all PMU disciplines? I would need to train alongside my day job initially, so appreciate this may all take some time.

I guess I am just nervous about biting the bullet and booking into a course, so if anyone else has done something similar to me, please share your words of wisdom and tell me I’m doing the right thing!! [emoji23]

I may be wrong but you cant just do that, you need your previous levels first spmu is level 4 I think.

I may be wrong but you cant just do that, you need your previous levels first spmu is level 4 I think.

...With KB Pro no previous qualifications are required

It's a very hard market for spmu techs. Check out who offers this in your area. You could contact your local council to see how many are registered. I wish I had done this before I signed up to the training. I completed my training in July last year and ive only had in 3 clients since then. It's very slow.

It's a very hard market for spmu techs. Check out who offers this in your area. You could contact your local council to see how many are registered. I wish I had done this before I signed up to the training. I completed my training in July last year and ive only had in 3 clients since then. It's very slow.

Oh dear. That is a good idea. Sorry to hear that x

Thank you for your feedback, I need to do some more homework I think! All the best x

Latest posts

Back