Where do you buy your products and equipment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taleofnails

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Starting out on my little nail venture, I qualified VCTC way back in 2014.
Life happened got in the way. So now here I am, I’m at the point I’ve made myself a little business plan.
I need to decide what products to buy.
Been researching and reading other threads on here, now I want to be quality known brand, not overly expensive, easy to access online to buy.
This is what I am looking at to purchase:
  • Manicures & pedicures ~ KAESO
  • Gel polishes & products ~ NAIO NAILS

• Acrylics ~ I have questions... I have already a huge selection of EZFLOW acrylic powders, glitters ect. I do not have monomer, I read last night negative information about EZFLOW monomer.
I have already been looking at NAIO NAILS acrylic liquids and powders they look and sound amazing, IS it possible to use my already owned ezflow powders with Naio nails monomer or is this a silly idea, do you think it’d be more sensible to sell all my ezflow powders and buy all Naio nails liquids, primers, powders ect
ALL opinions and advice will be much appreciated, I need to be savvy with money and want this to work out so I’m not afraid to reach out for help lol. Thank you ❤️

Last edited:
  • Acrylics ~ I have questions... I have already a huge selection of EZFLOW acrylic powders, glitters ect. I do not have monomer, I read last night negative information about EZFLOW monomer.
I have already been looking at NAIO NAILS acrylic liquids and powders they look and sound amazing, IS it possible to use my already owned ezflow powders with Naio nails monomer or is this a silly idea, do you think it’d be more sensible to sell all my ezflow powders and buy all Naio nails liquids, primers, powders ect
ALL opinions and advice will be much appreciated, I need to be savvy with money and want this to work out so I’m not afraid to reach out for help lol. Thank you ❤️

It's better not to 'mix and match' brands, this is relevant for all Nail products, not just acrylic. The monomer from one brand will not necessary to be matched to the polymers of another so you may get curing issues, this can lead to allergies (for you and clients) product breakdown (chipping, breakages, etc.) which will cost you more in repairs and time in the long run. Not to mention destroy your confidence as you won't know if it's your application, the client, or the products.

This is also relevant with Gel Polishes, use the base, colour and top coats of one brand together, they are designed to work together as a team, the same principle as the acrylic products. Also use the correct lamp for your chosen brand, not a generic one. If you are unsure please read the Pinned Post at the top of the Nails forum about why any old lamp won't do.

Naio is a great brand, many on here use it, EZFlow has been around for years, I used to use it, it's fallen slightly out of fashion and I'm not sure if we have any EZFlow techs on the SalonGeek anymore. I know we used to have a brand ambassador as a Geek but I'm not sure she's around much anymore.

Many brands do trail packs, why not get a Naio trial pack instead of taking a full leap, you can see how you feel about it compared to your EZFlow products.

Good luck with the new venture

Okay thank you, I didn’t think it’d Be a good idea to mix.
I think I will definitely sell the stuff I’ve got, and go with one brand which will more than likely be Naio nails for the acrylic and gel polishes ect

It’s such a shame as I have a whole collection of ezflow but I don't want to use they’re monomer so it’s a definite no no.
Il take your advice and do a trail pack.
Thank you x

If you like coloured powders, have a look at CJP and Glitterbels. Both are amazing brands and CJP is very easy to apply and reasonably priced. They currently have small pots but are introducing larger ones soon.

Kaeso can be bought from Alan Howard- get yourself a trade card.
They also sell cuccio manicure/pedicure products which are also nice. Look a bit more of a spa brand if i am honest . I use both, great value and smell divine.
Good luck to you !

I was initially going to go for the glitterbel master kit to start with, but then I read a few threads on here and seen they’re a wet system. I wasn’t sure so I watched some video tutorials on you tube, which were great! I’m just a bit worried I would find it difficult to apply because it’s wet. While I was training doing acrylics (a while back) the acrylic I used wasn’t like that it was a lot thicker consistency..
Am I playing too safe maybe?
The only reason I’m thinking twice about it is purely money, and thinking what if I can’t pick it up well.
I absolutely love how glitterbels look just a bit scared incase I’m no good with that “wet” system.

Was anyone else a bit hesitant on trying glitterbels or am I being a wimp lol?

Kaeso can be bought from Alan Howard- get yourself a trade card.
They also sell cuccio manicure/pedicure products which are also nice. Look a bit more of a spa brand if i am honest . I use both, great value and smell divine.
Good luck to you !
Thank you, I will check this out now. Glad to hear good things for it as I think it’s reasonable price.

I was initially going to go for the glitterbel master kit to start with, but then I read a few threads on here and seen they’re a wet system. I wasn’t sure so I watched some video tutorials on you tube, which were great! I’m just a bit worried I would find it difficult to apply because it’s wet. While I was training doing acrylics (a while back) the acrylic I used wasn’t like that it was a lot thicker consistency..
Am I playing too safe maybe?
The only reason I’m thinking twice about it is purely money, and thinking what if I can’t pick it up well.
I absolutely love how glitterbels look just a bit scared incase I’m no good with that “wet” system.

Was anyone else a bit hesitant on trying glitterbels or am I being a wimp lol?

I don’t find Glitterbels overly wet. The only ones I use that are wet are Glam and Glits. Most tutorials cap in clear but you don’t have to. It is a strength powder and you can build an apex with it.

Cjp is a drier system and holds it shape well so is a good one for beginners. They introduced a new monomer called The One which is amazing. It allows you to work with the bead and oat it into place and doesn’t set until you stop working it.

Latest posts

Back