Where do you get images from for flyers / website pictures?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemiss1t

Reaction score
Hello,

I want to know where you get your pictures from (i.e. Photo Bucket) etc.

I know, or at least I think this is right, that you cannot just take pictures off google images etc.

I want really specific pictures, and wanted to know where to look for them, being allowed to use them for flyers, website etc.

Any help with where you get your from?

Carly x

Are these allowed to be used (downloaded and used for flyers, uploaded for vistaprint) etc.

Thanks

Carly x

I use fotolia, you can use them for your own promotional leaflets, posters etc, but cannot then sell the leaflets or posters if that makes sense.

You also can't give the picture to anyone else, the license is for your use only and not for profit, ie making them into posters/postcards and selling them.

If you look at my website, half the pictures are my own and half the pictures are from fotolia.

Hi Hippy Chick,

So I can use them for my own leaflets (one being for my A Board, and some on the website) and this is allowed? Are they free? I don't want to pay a monthly fee like some companies charge as I only want a couple.

Thanks

Carly x

Places like iStock and Fotolia charge you to download / buy the image and then thats it for your use in your promotional materials. If you are using it for printed materials you should be using images that have a resolution of 300dpi - they will show this on the size chart where you download them.

Mat

I have taken some of my own, but otherwise use istock. I think they are very reasonable - you just pay the once and they have a good range.

iStock is very good and extremely large - you'll find most things on there

My other half has a sign and design company and we always use istock if there's nothing on the software we have. btw if you are looking for leaflets/flyers, we are doing 10K for £150, A5 full colour, single or double sided, PM me if you are interested x

Hello,

I know, or at least I think this is right, that you cannot just take pictures off google images etc.

I want really specific pictures, and wanted to know where to look for them, being allowed to use them for flyers, website etc.

Carly x

Use stock photography - I like iStock. It can be very reasonable. You just have to watch a couple of things. First - the license. Most allow you to use images for your own print use, but you can't give it to someone else. Also, you don't want to choose an image with licensing fees (most don't). Finally, make sure you are a paying for HIGH-RESOLUTION, especially for print. You need 300 dpi image. For web, you only need 72 dpi.

But these are like, £6 each for a decent sized on with good pixels!!

Hello,

Carly x

I had a real problem with this, I wanted very specific images, but couldn't find what I wanted and really wanted it to be my own work but am really bad at taking photos lol

I got a professional photographer to do a photoshoot of my work last week, got 23 images on 11 A3 prints done for under £300. I am going to display them in the salon, and she has also put them onto disc for me so I can use them on all my marketing material and my website.

I plan to do this every six months, the results are amazing. Well worth it.

Something to think about.

Latest posts

Back