Where do you look for beauty jobs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubywoo

Reaction score
I'm currently sat in my office deflated and resigned to the fact I may have to start a college as I am unable to recruit. Only about 60% of interviews turn up the rest simply don't even bother to call. I have been trying to find experienced therapists for the last 3 years. I get inundated with C.V.s from students (even when the advert clearly states 2 years post college salon experience essential). Only two therapists have made it through the probation period and they are both amazing, talented, wonderful women who are adored by all the clients.

Where do you lovely lot look for jobs?. I've tried Indeed but I just get student C.V.s, I get nothing on Gum tree either. I've tried writing concise adverts, I've tried writing lengthy, detailed adverts. I list the perks, I offer excellent pay and commission, (I pay well with excellent commission), I offer a great deal of training (I pay for it and you are paid a full wage whilst training off site with all travel and food), I provide uniforms (one for each day you work per week) and shoes and I do my best to be a caring and ethical employer.

Twenty years ago things were very different, London was full of amazing therapists and I could have interviewed 50 people for each vacancy I had. But now people don't even turn up.

I am so utterly desperate to find talented therapists - I need three!, any advice that you can give me would be most gratefully received.

Hi Rubywoo, Sorry to hear you're struggling to find therapists. You could try hairandbeautyjobs.com
Hope this helps
Donna

Ruby woo.. Whereabouts is your salon? X

I've found that some people will send a cv and job application because they are required to in order to still claim benefits.
Not tarring everyone will the same brush just my experience

I
I'm currently sat in my office deflated and resigned to the fact I may have to start a college as I am unable to recruit. Only about 60% of interviews turn up the rest simply don't even bother to call. I have been trying to find experienced therapists for the last 3 years. I get inundated with C.V.s from students (even when the advert clearly states 2 years post college salon experience essential). Only two therapists have made it through the probation period and they are both amazing, talented, wonderful women who are adored by all the clients.

Where do you lovely lot look for jobs?. I've tried Indeed but I just get student C.V.s, I get nothing on Gum tree either. I've tried writing concise adverts, I've tried writing lengthy, detailed adverts. I list the perks, I offer excellent pay and commission, (I pay well with excellent commission), I offer a great deal of training (I pay for it and you are paid a full wage whilst training off site with all travel and food), I provide uniforms (one for each day you work per week) and shoes and I do my best to be a caring and ethical employer.

Twenty years ago things were very different, London was full of amazing therapists and I could have interviewed 50 people for each vacancy I had. But now people don't even turn up.

I am so utterly desperate to find talented therapists - I need three!, any advice that you can give me would be most gratefully received.
I know a very experienced, first class Beauty Therapist who is looking to change job. Where can she get further details of your vacancies/apply to your Salon please?

I've found that some people will send a cv and job application because they are required to in order to still claim benefits.
Not tarring everyone will the same brush just my experience

Exactly this. JSA is so strict now. If you miss one day of applying, they don’t pay you x

Hey when I was looking for work it was always indeed that I found to be the best and also hair and beauty jobs website but mainly indeed.

With JSA being so strict I can imagine that a lot of employers get their time wasted by applicants who get in touch because they have to and not because they want to.

The system made more sense when it wasn't mindlessly strict and punitive.

I think you sound like a good employer OP. You offer all of what I would look for in a job. Maybe it's hard to find good employees in London because of it being an expensive place to live for people in lower paid industries.

I

I know a very experienced, first class Beauty Therapist who is looking to change job. Where can she get further details of your vacancies/apply to your Salon please?
I've sent you a p.m. Thank you so much.

Thank you so much for your feedback everyone. The JSA issue has been really illuminating, now I know why so many people don't answer my emails after they have applied or why unqualified people apply. I had a new therapist who accepted a job with me last week, simply not turn up this week, new uniforms and shoes ordered, models booked in for training, staff rota live online and not even a telephone call. But at least she turned up for the interview!!!! Now where's the gin.........

hi, well it sounds like your offering a great overall package, far more than in my experience, I'd bite your hand off to be honest. it says a lot as well that your current staff are happy, appreciated and have stayed. I know that a lot of salon owners struggle now adays to recruit, perhaps more of an industry issue at this current time and not you. good luck x

Latest posts

Back