Where do you start?

When spray tanning, do you start with the client facing you or do you get them to face away?

Scrubadub

I don’t do tanning but when I have had a tan done all the therapists start with me facing them

MollyMooX

I start with the client facing me. It really doesn’t matter as long as you have sprayed every part of their body..

I don’t do tanning but when I have had a tan done all the therapists start with me facing them

Do you find it intimidating facing forwards first?

I ask because I was taught this way but on my refresher course she said start with them facing the back as it’s uncomfortable for your client.

I always start with them facing the back.

Scrubadub

Do you find it intimidating facing forwards first?

I ask because I was taught this way but on my refresher course she said start with them facing the back as it’s uncomfortable for your client.
No not really, I figure that they don’t really care what I look like and will be concentrating on the tan going on evenly

I always start with the client facing away from me.

Also the spray can be quite cold, so I think it would be a shock for the client if you sprayed her on her front.

I always start at the front, I feel that it's easier to talk to them so they feel more at ease as they can hear you better over the machine noise xx

Back first xx

JCH

I do back first for two reasons:

1- the spray is super cold and it’s much less of a shock going on the back than the front to start with.
2- people are often uncomfortable facing you mostly naked straight away so it eases them into it to step into the tent away from me.

Back first.

A naked or near naked client will be much more at ease when you are facing at their back first, and they can slowly get used to getting tanned.

SR84

I always start with the client facing away from me.
Ditto - less intimidating for the client and not as much of a shock to the system when the first spray reaches them!

Samantha Sona

Ethical Beauty - Australia
Facing away, so you tan their back first. This gives you a chance to assess the tan and make the necessary adjustment to the spray, etc.