Where do you start?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin love

Reaction score
When spray tanning, do you start with the client facing you or do you get them to face away?

I don’t do tanning but when I have had a tan done all the therapists start with me facing them

I start with the client facing me. It really doesn’t matter as long as you have sprayed every part of their body..

I don’t do tanning but when I have had a tan done all the therapists start with me facing them

Do you find it intimidating facing forwards first?

I ask because I was taught this way but on my refresher course she said start with them facing the back as it’s uncomfortable for your client.

I always start with them facing the back.

Do you find it intimidating facing forwards first?

I ask because I was taught this way but on my refresher course she said start with them facing the back as it’s uncomfortable for your client.

No not really, I figure that they don’t really care what I look like and will be concentrating on the tan going on evenly

I always start with the client facing away from me.

Also the spray can be quite cold, so I think it would be a shock for the client if you sprayed her on her front.

I always start at the front, I feel that it's easier to talk to them so they feel more at ease as they can hear you better over the machine noise xx

I do back first for two reasons:

1- the spray is super cold and it’s much less of a shock going on the back than the front to start with.
2- people are often uncomfortable facing you mostly naked straight away so it eases them into it to step into the tent away from me.

Back first.

A naked or near naked client will be much more at ease when you are facing at their back first, and they can slowly get used to getting tanned.

I always start with the client facing away from me.

Ditto - less intimidating for the client and not as much of a shock to the system when the first spray reaches them!

Facing away, so you tan their back first. This gives you a chance to assess the tan and make the necessary adjustment to the spray, etc.

Latest posts

Back