where is my passion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
dont know if its just cos i got the kids or what, but i really cant be arsed with nails at the moment - i used to live, breath and eat nails, but now i couldnt care less if i ever did a set again............im hoping its just cos of the stress and extra pressure from having the girls tho, im not even bothering with the comps this year cos of it. i just cant see the point anymore......no-one up here gives a **** whether im a comp award winner or not, all they care about is getting a set of nails at the cheapest price, and dont seem to care what they look like. ive spent so much money on getting to where i am, and now i feel like just another stastistic. maybe when the girls go back to there mother (18th oct) the passion will come back, but im seriously starting to doubt myself now.

any sugguestions

Aww bless ya,chin up your nails are fantastic your probably just tired xxx

if i were to suggest, i would say just hang fire, sometimes we all have ups and downs doing nails, one minute we love it next we hate it
you have sooo much on your plate at the moment, maybe this feeling is good for you at the moment to concentrate on the girls,

i think your " passion " will return but give it time,
you know you are good,i know you are good, everyone knows you are good!!! its such a shame your talent isnt appreciated as much as it should be
by the public where you are!!

hugs for you mate xxxxxxxx

perhaps...its the grandkids taking your mind off it (not a bad thing:green:)

Perhaps ...its cause i KNow your die hard CREATIVE and things are a little unsettled on that front as we speak...

Perhaps....you've tempararily LOST YOUR MOJO:green:

Dont worry hun a little break may do you good...... and get you SOON back in the swing of it

amb x

You are far too good to give up Glynis, but have a little break maybe you are tired with having the kids. I am sure your passion will return. Maybe not doing the comps this year could be good for you, maybe just go to Gmex and enjoy just being there without the stress of comping.

I know you G and as you have said you have other thing over taking your passion for the moment.

Come october when the ickle mites have gone you turn back to your first addiction NAILS XXXXXXX

CHIN UP COCK

Chin up mate.
You've got a lot to deal with atm... family comes first ALWAYS.:hug:

dont know if its just cos i got the kids or what, but i really cant be arsed with nails at the moment - i used to live, breath and eat nails, but now i couldnt care less if i ever did a set again............im hoping its just cos of the stress and extra pressure from having the girls tho, im not even bothering with the comps this year cos of it. i just cant see the point anymore......no-one up here gives a **** whether im a comp award winner or not, all they care about is getting a set of nails at the cheapest price, and dont seem to care what they look like. ive spent so much money on getting to where i am, and now i feel like just another stastistic. maybe when the girls go back to there mother (18th oct) the passion will come back, but im seriously starting to doubt myself now.

any sugguestions

Hi Hun

I sometimes feel like that with the twins but then my nails takes me away from being the mommy for a few hrs.

This in turn gives me a new lease of life to deal with the twins again lets call it doing a few set of nails is therapy for me and recharges the old battery.

Hey G, i know exactly what your saying, i too have felt very dispondent (sp) when it comes to doing nails.
I used to love to see the appointments in the book but at the moment i just think "god not another set"
A few months ago i seriously concidered giving it all up, nails, beauty, everything!
I still feel a little like it but the only thing keeping me going at the moment is the rising cost of solicitors fees and i know that without the job i do (and bloody well i may add) there would be no way on this earth we could fight this battle to have our grandson live with us.
I can pinpoint exactly the time i started to feel this way but looking back its no wonder concidering the crap i was having with family matters and top it off with my break down it all falls in to place.

Hold on in there G, your a strong person and if i can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel then im sure you will do again.

I know its not a nice feeling to feel like you do and you do question yourself (as i do most days) and ask yourself " do i really want to be doing this for the rest of my life"?
"can i be bothered day in day out" "surley theres something out there i would enjoy doing better" BUT i put it all down (and still do) to stress and the crap that everyday brings.
If you want to vent, scream, shout, cry, feel free to pm me or phone me hun :hug:

I agree with the others,
Take time out and dont worry about loosing your passion..its just more stress hun,
go to the gmex and have a nosey , no comps have some fun a girlie day,

and I know what you mean about other people not caring about wether you have won comps .they just want cheap nails ...but are you doing it for them , or for yourself ?

I know I am still very proud I came 2nd in the easter comp, and i still tell everybody i meet lol....they dont care , their eyes glaze over, but I am proud of myself for that ..
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i think the more good sets of nails you turn out, the more chance that the general public will see the difference between quality and crap nails.

we all need to keep up the fight in our own little way so that eventually quality nails will triumph.

think of yourself as a nail sufferagette glynis !

you're probably just a bit demoralised because youve been ill, your mums not well and you have a lot on your plate. i bet it'll come back when things calm down a bit. keep the faith:hug:

thanks everyone - i will take on board what you have all said, tho its just hard to invisage it at the moment

how long did everyone else feel this way - mine has gone on since i got the girls, thats why im putting it down to that

Sorry to hear that glynis, sounds like you have had a lot on your plate recently, things will look up for you for sure....:hug:
You will get your passion back soon .... take good care x

G I hardly find this surprising atm you have so many pressures and stresses that I would expect nails to be the last thing on your mind :hug:

As we discussed last month when you were over here, sometimes we lose the 'will' to do nails... I know mine has come back recently and I sincerely hope yours does too, I'm positive it's a 'situation' thing rather than a permanent thing.
:hug: xxx

Glynis, I am sure its just your personal life reflecting on your professional one and that as the others have said, once the girls go back you will be fine.

I lost my mojo recently and thats all to do with personal stuff. but it will come back so dont worry, you just have other things on your mind right now:hug:

After all the ups and downs you have had to deal with we are not surprised you feel like this but you are one of the stars Glynis,
you are one of the techs that a lot of us look up to and aspire to be half way as good as,
i am sure you are enjoying having the little ones around and i am sure you will enjoy nails once again when they return home and your life settles down a bit,
keep your chin up hun, you have loads of friends on here that are willing you to keep strong and get back your love of nails :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry to hear how you're feeling Glynis.

I'm sure it must be the whole situation and everything you have got going on at the moment, as everyone else has said.

Keep your chin up and I'm sure it will come back to you.

At the moment, you have so much on your plate which is people depending on you and you are there for them, your mind is so taken up with focussing on that side of things that the "passion" is just on the back burner for a while - I'm sure it wont be like that forever though.

You are a brilliant nail tech - as so many have said! :)

I really do hope you are feeling a bit more ok within yourself soon.

:hug::hug:

Hello
If its any help, dont feel that you are on your own in feeling this way!! I have been feeling like this now for quite a while and I dont think its got anything to do with the job itself its just all the other "life" stuff around it!!
It sounds like you have alot going on at the moment so making a decision about whether you want to quit the industry IS NOT an option anyway at this present moment in time.
Just take a bit of time for yourself, maybe go and pamper yourself and take each day as it comes. I am sure that this feeling will pass, its just a bit of a rocky phase hun x:hug:

I have to say that I lost my Mojo too when I was going through all the house selling crap. When i first started in the salon here it was over a month before I had any nail clients too and I actually thought that I really didn't care about nails anymore. Until last week! I had 6 new sets and 2 rebalances. Hearing people say how lovely they looked and seeing the transformation from stubbies to sleek nails got me my Mojo back :green:.

I think you are just tired with fighting - one with your family struggles and also trying to get anyone to take your work seriously, especially when you have trained as much as you have. :hug:

Latest posts

Back