Where is your home salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I'm so jealous of you all!:cry:

I have a 3 bed house but also a husband and 3 kids:lol: so there are no spare rooms available for me.

I think my only options would be to build a small conservatory or a garden building (like Garfield). And neither of those are cheap!:irked:

Thinking cap on....................

I have changed the 'puter' room. It had a futon in it that has gone up to my daughters room and the puter has been put into the built in wardrobe. I have a desk by the window for clients to look out of. Need to have a trip to Ikea do get storage solutions sorted. All my clients remark how nice it is and they like the colours.
I try to avoid mobile and this has worked really well. So far as everyone loves coming and getting pampered away from their men, kids, worries, etc.
I offer a glass of wine to those who aren't driving and coffee or tea to those who are.
I would book myself in! lol

Do you have to let the council know when you start up at home?? do you pay business rates just on the area you use?? would love to do this but not sure of all the rules

I'm in the process of having a change around at home!!
I'm moving into another room so i can accommodate the baby when it arrives....i'm now in the little room!
When Evie goes to bed i'll be putting the finishing touches to it so i'll be able to upload pics for you all to see!

I also work from a log cabin at my home. It is the best thing I ever did! Having worked in salons, then from a room at my mums, we decided to have a log cabin built. I have two young children so it fits in fantasticly as me or their dad are around for them all the time. It is approx 22 foot long by about 10 wide and it is great as it is away from my home, and no one sees the mess in my house, lol. I would recommend it totally!:)

Well I have to admit that I work from my living room, and for now I think it works well. The room has a funny little bit set back from the rest of the square room, which was always wasted space really, so now my desk sits back in there quite happily. Perfect? No! but for the foreseeable future this is where it will be and it works well IMO.

If it works well for you and your clients Rachel, thats all that matters...i'm amazed you manage to fit in work at all! xx

my room works pretty good, I can hardly call it a salon though as I only have a couple of clients. I use my utility room which is a laundry/scrapbooking space/leadlighting work space and now a nail room. It is a decent size and has tidy bench on two sides (has a basin) with overhead cabinetry and then on the third wall it has floor to ceiling cabinetry so all appliances and craftwork and glass panels etc are hidden behind doors. On the 4th wall I have a specially built in (again hiddle behind a cubpoard front) ironing board. When the cupboard door is opened and the ironing board lowered all my nail supplies are exposed on the narrow shelving. I use the ironing board as my nail workbench. It also has a door to the outside which 'could' be used but meanwhile I just lead my client-friends through the house from the front door. When I designed my utility room I was not even contemplating training for nails but my space has managed to accomodate, it was designed to do my crafts in. Only downer .... I have tiles on the floor and the fiist time I did nails in there, my brush rolled off the bench and snapped in half !!

If it works well for you and your clients Rachel, thats all that matters...i'm amazed you manage to fit in work at all! xx
I'm not 100% sure how I will soon :lol:

Funnily enough I have just had a client round who I haven't seen in over a year, and she was saying how lovely it was, I wasn't set up when I used to do her, I was more mobile or on an ironing board then.

The only finishing touch I need now is to get my Masters Certificates up!

I have converted my garage and it has worked really well, beautifully done i am already growing out of it and needing more space but it is ideal as it keeps my home private and i have no traffic to deal with unless im teaching at college or working in london 4 the day and in winter its perfect as it takes 2 seconds to close down, switch off and open my front door in2 my warm cosy home xx

Latest posts

Back