Where (ONLINE) do you buy your supplies?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with Nailzoo on this one guys - I don't think anyone was being 'trashed' and I also don't think anyone was coming across as 'holier-than-thou'.

It has been said over and over for the last six years that it's important for us to raise our game and not have untrained and unqualified techs using products they are not qualified to use, when they do not know what they are doing with said products and could cause harm to clients, their own reputation and the industry's reputation in general.

so you guys got me wrong......

she stated she is still in training....
it's better to stick with what you are being taught and trained with, then perhaps source from elsewhere.

I suppose there will be quite a few distributors desperate enough to take orders from people with no experience, even though it goes against everything, that we, as professionals stand for....

What if this beginner has issues with the products she buys, isn't it better to have some knowledge of what you are doing, some basic knowledge in problem solving before moving onto a product you don't know?

I'm with Nailzoo on this one guys - I don't think anyone was being 'trashed' and I also don't think anyone was coming across as 'holier-than-thou'.

It has been said over and over for the last six years that it's important for us to raise our game and not have untrained and unqualified techs using products they are not qualified to use, when they do not know what they are doing with said products and could cause harm to clients, their own reputation and the industry's reputation in general.

I agree, nail art supplies like decals and so forth are one thing but gel products are another. Your lamp might not be suitable, their compatability with what you already use product wise could be a problem. Best to stick with what you know and are training/trained to use :hug:

I agree, nail art supplies like decals and so forth are one thing but gel products are another. Your lamp might not be suitable, their compatability with what you already use product wise could be a problem. Best to stick with what you know and are training/trained to use :hug:

Just thought I'd let all know that as far as gels go, I've made the decision that I will stick with the Young Nails color gels and powders that NailBasics uses. I totally agree that without training, one shouldn't use products they don't know. As far as my original post, as I said, I was just looking for ideas as I had no starting point at all.

I appreciate those who "stood up for me" - you're a great bunch here! On the flip side...I also appreciate people like nailzoo, who staunchly defend the business they have been involved in for years...their knowledge and experience should not go unnoticed.

In all honesty, I would like to see it made a bit easier on us "Newbies" as sometimes what we say that you take offense to may just be a matter of poor wording or lack of experience...how are we supposed to learn if no one will take the time to help us!?

On that note, I am officially walking away from this thread, as I see it in danger of becoming a bit of a war - for which I apologize as it was definitely NOT my intention!

Thank you to ALL who put in their 2 cents worth!

Kristine

I think this is a good place to end the thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back