Where (ONLINE) do you buy your supplies?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kristine74

Reaction score
Whether it's gels, or nail art stickers, or brushes, etc...where (online, cause I can't drive to the UK for supplies lol) do you buy your stuff?

I am training through NailBasics in Alberta Canada, and though I love and will stick to their line for basic gels, I cannot (will not!) pay $30 per 1/2 ounce pot of color gel...and the decals and stones are pricey too! I want to give my clients some choice (painting isn't an option, I'm no good at that stuff lol) for nail art...

I am just looking for other options so I can try and keep my stock up, and costs down :)

Thanks in advance for any help you awesome geeks give!

Hi there,

As long as you buy your product (monomer, polymer, gel,) from a reputable distributor there is nothing to stop you from getting your nail art stuff, extra brushes, etc. from Ebay.

When I was in the US, I used naillite (Nailite, Inc., Nail Supplies Discount Beauty Nail Tech Supply Buy UV Nail Lamp - Nailiteinc.com) for things, as well as ebay and Pearl Art Stores.

I'm in NZ now so I have to get my artsy fartsy stuff online from TradeMe (NZ version of ebay) or online from Australia. We don't have many online places here.

There are plenty of Canadian geeks, they will be able to help you better I'm sure. Good Luck :)
Nancy

I buy all my stuff from Just Nailz in Calgary. The Akzentz colored gels are $15.95 for 0.25oz and I don't think it's a bad price. They last FOREVER!! Plus, I would rather stick with a reputable supplier who I know will be there for me no matter what. I don't think I would recommend just buying stuff because it's cheap. Also, with colored gels you do need to be careful because a lot of them must go on thick in order to get the true color. That is not true with the Akzentz Options line. It goes on extremely thin in 2 layers with such beautiful pigmentation.

If you're in Edmonton, contact Lana (PM her through this site) as she distributes Akzentz products as well. She's great as well and is super helpful.

Ok - I sound like I work for them but I don't...just a happy customer!! :)

Carmen

I buy all my stuff from Just Nailz in Calgary. The Akzentz colored gels are $15.95 for 0.25oz and I don't think it's a bad price. They last FOREVER!! Plus, I would rather stick with a reputable supplier who I know will be there for me no matter what. I don't think I would recommend just buying stuff because it's cheap. Also, with colored gels you do need to be careful because a lot of them must go on thick in order to get the true color. That is not true with the Akzentz Options line. It goes on extremely thin in 2 layers with such beautiful pigmentation.

If you're in Edmonton, contact Lana (PM her through this site) as she distributes Akzentz products as well. She's great as well and is super helpful.

Ok - I sound like I work for them but I don't...just a happy customer!! :)

Carmen

LOL! There's no better advertising than a happy customer! I actually saved their website in my favorites and will definitely check them out...I've heard alot of good things about the Azkentz products, and I think I may try their color gels...thanks again for the lead :green:

Whether it's gels, or nail art stickers, or brushes, etc...where (online, cause I can't drive to the UK for supplies lol) do you buy your stuff?

I am training through NailBasics in Alberta Canada, and though I love and will stick to their line for basic gels, I cannot (will not!) pay $30 per 1/2 ounce pot of color gel...and the decals and stones are pricey too! I want to give my clients some choice (painting isn't an option, I'm no good at that stuff lol) for nail art...

I am just looking for other options so I can try and keep my stock up, and costs down :)

You can contact me at any time if you need more information about our products, training and advanced classes. I am located in Edmonton and you can find more info how to contact me at Just Nailz & Beauty Supplies, Calgary, Alberta - Wholesale Supplier & Training Centre

I love nailiteinc for things like files, nail polish, rhinestones etc.......
I avoid ordering 'frequently' to minimize customs and duties charges.
I keep my flammables (polish, acid free primer/bonder, etc) to 2 or 3 orders a year.
I find that even with shipping, duties and exchange; for most stuff it's way more affordable than ordering locally in Montreal.

(example: box of 500ct tips 10-15$ at Nailite, box of 250ct tips 25$ and up at local dist'r:eek:)

I get decals from Ebay (though I rarely use them now). You can get a batch of 50pk of 3d decals (assorted) for about ummmm 15$??
I get other artsy stuff too from there. (user "Papi", store "rhinestones and crafts")

hth's:hug:

ps: been with nailite for just over 4yrs now and they're awesome. Always helpful!

Don't get me wrong........... but I think it's quite odd to open the doors of information to someone that has 5 posts in total.

Telling them quite freely where to get stuff, whats good and whats not......

I think you guys should get a grip .....

I don't think I should have joined if that's the attitude people here are going to have!! I'm new...Do I have to build up some sort of rep and have 3,000 posts before I can get answeres for questions I have?

I'm trying to start a business and maybe get a helping hand from people who have a bit of experience aswell as have a bit of a chat.
I'm sorry, but that offended me!! :mad:

xoxox.

Don't get me wrong........... but I think it's quite odd to open the doors of information to someone that has 5 posts in total.

I'm not too worried about it. My suppliers always ask for appropriate proof of certification before orders will be filled.

There's nothing wrong with helping out someone who's new. :)

Hi!

Check out the supply source at idonails.com

Im from Australia and have ordered from there before and even I thought with the exchange rate and shipping costs, that they were reasonably priced!

x x

Okay...hopefully everyone doesn't get offended by what nailzoo has said, because I agree with him. (okay, to a point!)

Yes, I am very new at this, and no, I haven't posted much at all (I'm more of a lurker, reading alot and making mental notes) but I wanted the information more for FUTURE REFERENCE than for right now. I have no plans to do much more than new sets and fills, straight french, as that is what I was trained to do. WHEN I HAVE MORE EXPERIENCE I plan to offer more, like nail art, color tips, that sort of thing. Like the lurking and making mental notes, this was to get information that I can use when I am ready.

I give all who have helped and offered up sites and advice my heartfelt thanks. I will use the info when I feel I am ready to take on more artistic endeavors.

Have a great day/night (wherever you are!) everyone!

Kristine

All sites given are good ones. But I see this website as an information portal, I believe this is why it was created so NAILZOO I was offended abit too. I have 2 posts, and whats funny is all these websites I know about. I am far from being a new tech, more like a seasoned tech that keeps to herself. Just because you have few posts doesn't mean your are a new tech, just new to your world. I found this website to be a wealth of knowledge but I dont post alot. Who wants to be graded on eveything you say. Your message to me was kinda like buying from Ebay, BUT dont buy if the saler doesn't have 100% positive feedback or under a certain amount of sales-haha! .

Here are some more sites. Hope this is helpful. I wish I too had this type of help when I was new 10 yrs ago.

nfuoh.com
Akzentz.com
Lana's website
Nailsuperstore.com
Tammy Taylor.com (awesome colored powders)
Eznails.com ( or eznail.com)
Beautywest.com

I feel nailzoo was a bit hard aswell everyone has to start somewhere

adell

so you guys got me wrong......

she stated she is still in training....
it's better to stick with what you are being taught and trained with, then perhaps source from elsewhere.

I suppose there will be quite a few distributors desperate enough to take orders from people with no experience, even though it goes against everything, that we, as professionals stand for....

What if this beginner has issues with the products she buys, isn't it better to have some knowledge of what you are doing, some basic knowledge in problem solving before moving onto a product you don't know?

This is one of the reasons that I don't come on here as often as I used to. I'm tired of the 'holyer than though' philosophy that keeps coming up here in posts. For gods sake we are all still training, learning and aspiring to some point AND we all have to start somewhere. I personally find that the art of nails is an ongoing learning curve. I'm never happy with mine. Don't get me wrong, they are good but I am a perfectionist. I come on here for advice so that I can become a better nail tech and maybe one day be able to look at a set I've done and actually feel happy about them. I do not want to see others being trashed because they gave somebody who they classified as 'not trained enough', some advice.
Please give us all a chance, unless of course they start their post with 'Hi I'm untrained and don't give a toss'.
Claire

Hi hi,

It's better to try products and shop around for yourself so you know what you like using individually, which I'm guessing is what she is wanting to do, aswell as get some more experienced advice for a guide as not to go wasting a whole lot of money.

xoxox.

Okay...hopefully everyone doesn't get offended by what nailzoo has said, because I agree with him. (okay, to a point!)

Yes, I am very new at this, and no, I haven't posted much at all (I'm more of a lurker, reading alot and making mental notes) but I wanted the information more for FUTURE REFERENCE than for right now. I have no plans to do much more than new sets and fills, straight french, as that is what I was trained to do. WHEN I HAVE MORE EXPERIENCE I plan to offer more, like nail art, color tips, that sort of thing. Like the lurking and making mental notes, this was to get information that I can use when I am ready.

I give all who have helped and offered up sites and advice my heartfelt thanks. I will use the info when I feel I am ready to take on more artistic endeavors.

Have a great day/night (wherever you are!) everyone!

Kristine

Hi Kristine,
I have to commend how graceful you are in your reply, fair play to you!!

I'm new on this myself and believe its nice to be nice!
Personally i would reccommend idonails.com too as they have different brands to choose from (i use ez flow and NSI) and shipping is fairly quick even though i'm in ireland, oh and dollarnailart.com is so handy and cheap for little things like rhinestones and stuff..

Hope these are useful to you xx

this is one of the reasons that i don't come on here as often as i used to. I'm tired of the 'holyer than though' philosophy that keeps coming up here in posts.

me too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back