Where to find threading thread?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baselrod

Reaction score
Can anyone help? I'm in the middle of a threading course and have looked online to try and buy the correct thread - can't seem to find it anywhere? Any ideas as to stockists? Thanks very much :)

You can use just normal cotton thread for threading!
I know some tutors say you need special thread but that's rubbish. Just buy some regular sewing cotton and don't get spending a fortune on something that is not necessary :)

Thanks for speedy response, I have tried "normal" thread 100% cotton but it keeps snapping? I've heard that "threading thread" has an antibacterial coating - is this just marketing? I will go back to thread shop and seek out extra strength cotton in that case! Thank you so much :)

You can use any thread but just use a good quality one.

x

I would never recommend getting professional supplies of Ebay. Some threading trainers offer supplies try www.threadingtraining.co.uk for Vanity thread.:)

Thank you all for your recommendations. I think I will order from threadingtraining to be safe! :)

Vanity is rubbish...got a whole box from India.I do threading use a thread which is 98%cotton.It breaks less! As far as anti bacterial goes thats also a publicity gimmick.Anything exposed to air becomes bacterial.Only way to keep safe is to keep threads in a clean box and not leave them lying around. I hope this helps.

Hi Mystique,

Can you please tell me where you had your threading training from.

Cheers

I trained in threading in Iran 30 years ago. I have been training for a while now though. Feel free to PM me!

Last edited:
We done threading on the course, check my blog post http://www.salongeek.com/blogs/susanevian/

I am getting quite fast at it now, not as fast as some but it does take time. We were learnt to right way to do it, I don't agree the way some do this with the thread in the mouth.

Su x

We done threading on the course, check my blog post http://www.salongeek.com/blogs/susanevian/

I am getting quite fast at it now, not as fast as some but it does take time. We were learnt to right way to do it, I don't agree the way some do this with the thread in the mouth.

Su x

I find I have more control with the "thread in mouth technique". I use the double loop method for doing my own upperlips and top of brows. Cant do the lower part though as I cant stretch it.

Su x
Hey
I read your blog abt HD Brows. Googled it.Didnt come up with enough informatiom. I called up Nouveau centre and they quoted 500+ pounds for training. They are teaching 7 method? I didnt catch some of em.lol...I already do five of em when I do eyebrows. Trim,tint,wax,thread and tweeze for my clients. What are the other two?

Latest posts

Back