Where to get some aromatherapist training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samtha64

Reaction score
I'm just about to finish training in level 3 spa therapy and I could really do with some advice about how to get some clinical aromatherapist training. When I finish my level 3 I'll have a qualification in full body aromatherapy massage with pre-blended oils and level 3 anatomy, physiology and pathology. Any recommendations about where I should go to train? I'd really rather in class training rather than home study.

would help if you stated your area?
Mixing and blending oils is a real art, their are courses out there, try and find one that is a few days long rather than one day.

I am prepared to travel in north Wales and England area.

Penny Price is Shirley Price's daughter who I trained with many years ago.
You won't be able to do a clinical aromatherapy course in a few days.
I don't think Tisserand do training anymore, but I would contact either the IFA or IFPA and find an accredited school through them as they are the UK standard for aromatherapy.
Good luck.

How in depth do you want to go? For example you could do a two year part time Aromatherapy & Essential Oil Science Diploma with Neals Yard.

Or Eve Taylor have a three day Aromatherapy course in April. Eve is founder of the Institute of Clinical Aromatherapy so clearly a good place to start. May be worth giving them a call on 01733 260161.

if you go onto the guild website and pop your postcode in, it will tell you courses in your vicinity.

Beauty Guild : Home - Beauty Guild

I run a course but am a bit far for you to travel.

How in depth do you want to go? For example you could do a two year part time Aromatherapy & Essential Oil Science Diploma with Neals Yard.

Or Eve Taylor have a three day Aromatherapy course in April. Eve is founder of the Institute of Clinical Aromatherapy so clearly a good place to start. May be worth giving them a call on 01733 260161.

I was thinking of a full time course preferably, I'll give eve Taylor a call t\for some research thanks, and I'll look into neals yard too , thanks

As Fozzyo says, it depends on what you want to do. If you really want to do 'Clinical Aromatherapy', then you will need to go down the IFA or IFPA route. The term 'Clinical Aromatherapy' seems to sometimes be used to refer to someone who can blend oils! - it is so much more than that, so if you just want to be able to blend oils for clients, then you only need an standard Aromatherapy qualification. Eve Taylor courses are not in depth enough for clinical aromatherapy (despite the name of the Instititue), however, they do have a good reputation and are geared more to beauty therapists rather than holistic therapists, so would be a good place to start if you want to do a beauty/aromatherapy course.
Good luck.

Latest posts

Back