Where to recruit and how much to pay?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautician12345

Reaction score
I'm hoping to employ someone in a salon I'm thinking of opening, can you give me any pointers on where best to advertise and also roughly what I should be offering as a starting salary? I'm clueless as have only been self employed so have no experience of salaries as such! xx

I will definitely offer a higher rate and am also trying to structure some sort of bonus scheme for when they get repeat bookings or are running above a certain level of capacity. What do you think?

Definately worth doing a bonus scheme, lots of salons do that, in a salon I worked we had little cards where clients got a stamp each time they had a treatment and after 5 treatments they could have a treatment for free.

However there are lots of different schemes you could choose from. I am sure there have been loads of threads discussing these so it's worth doing a search on here.

I don't mean a bonus scheme for the clients I mean for the therapists so that they get a financial reward when they have over a certain number of clients rebook.

Oh, I see, sorry I misunderstood that. Yes, definately a good idea to reward your therapists. Makes them more motivated :lol:

I don't mean a bonus scheme for the clients I mean for the therapists so that they get a financial reward when they have over a certain number of clients rebook.

hi the salon i used to work had this for stylists.

if we brought in a certain amount of money (cant remember exact figures) we got 10% of what we brought in ontop of basic, iv we reached the next target 20% so on, we also got %age of retail.

i also kept a note of my figures every night and made myself targets for each day.

im level 2 and starting my level 3 soon and work in a well known spa, my salary is 7.50 ...

Have you thought about having self employed people in your salon? My friend rented a chair as did all the other girls, they did a 50% split of all their takings and if they made over a certain amount, it was 60% / 40% In favour of the hairdresser. That way the owners didn't have to worry about paying their ni and tax xx

Latest posts

Back