Where to start nail tech career

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrdnexe

Reaction score
Hi i’m due to be qualified in June, I’ve gone to college to get vctc and city and guilds so i can get insurance.
my question is where do i start? Should i look for jobs in a salon? I can’t work from home. Should I find a chair to rent? if so what’s the average prices you would have to pay?
I’ve looked on indeed and i never see any jobs for nail techs, i need some advice for someone starting out please

I feel that I was lucky in the way that when I qualified I managed to get a job in a salon where the owner was looking for girls to train up to be mini-me's and at her standard. So that definitely helped even though I hated it there and left after being there under a year. But it's all experience, even now 5 years later, I'm still learning but have defo come a long way.

I would try and get alot of practise on friends/family. Keep looking for jobs (I found mine on indeed as well) but in the meantime, get insured, and you can advertise on local FB groups or gumtree for maybe £5-10 or something, or looking for models, say you're newly qualified.

I also recommend joiningg the Nail Tech Awareness group on FB. They also have a Nail Tech Awareness group specifically for beginners.

If you'd like any input on your nails currently or some constructive criticism, that FB group is fab. Or you can just drop me a message xx

Latest posts

Back