where to start????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

essexgirl

Reaction score
with this question i am in fear of making myself appear a complete wally, but i'll fire away anyway! (sorry)
I have read most of the info i can find on the fors and againsts of nvq, and feel this is definately the way to go. I however have a silly question of where do you start? I have recently done a VTCT manicure/pedicure course at a local beauty academy, and am due to start a second module of my choice in september. Dose this qualification count towards my nvq, or do i have to do a specific "nvq course". Would i be better off making my next course the VTCT level 2 in Nail treatments, (which is one of the choices), would this also count towards the nvq? Dose my existing essential nails diploma count towards it? Sorry, sorry and sorry again if this has been answered before but my aching head either cannot find it or has read it and just not registered!

essexgirl said:
with this question i am in fear of making myself appear a complete wally, but i'll fire away anyway! (sorry)
I have read most of the info i can find on the fors and againsts of nvq, and feel this is definately the way to go. I however have a silly question of where do you start? I have recently done a VTCT manicure/pedicure course at a local beauty academy, and am due to start a second module of my choice in september. Dose this qualification count towards my nvq, or do i have to do a specific "nvq course". Would i be better off making my next course the VTCT level 2 in Nail treatments, (which is one of the choices), would this also count towards the nvq? Dose my existing essential nails diploma count towards it? Sorry, sorry and sorry again if this has been answered before but my aching head either cannot find it or has read it and just not registered!
It is very confusing: why dont you send a PM to "mum" or "chocolate" - both are very knowledgeable on the subject and should be able to help you.

thanks carole! i have sent a pm to chocolate and im sure she will wonder what has hit her when she reads it poor girl! it is great that there are so many courses available to us all, but for someone so new, (me)! it is hard to know what to invest yout time (and money) in.

Latest posts

Back