which are the best professional brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*JOANNE*

Reaction score
i was given a full kit for college, and i am slowly building my own kit up, we were supplied with a set of basic thermoceramic brushes, they are ok but i dont find they are 100% for straightening/blowdrying curly hair.......i was wondering would it be worth my while getting maybe a full collection of the natural bristle wooden brushes such as denman, are they good for blow drying curly hair straight are they better than the thermoceramic.
thanks girls

denman are fab brushes hun :green:i also like pro tip ones too as a cheaper alternative ,
natural bristles seems to do really well with blow drying the hair straight , they seem the really get a good shine on the hair ,
i have got some denman brushes going back from 16 yrs ago , and they have had some stick and still are going good !! :lol:
i am too just building my collection back up now i am starting to do hair again, i had forgot how expensive brushes are !! lol it was much better when my mum used to buy all my stuff for me :lol:

lol i am on the "buy one brush a week thing" pmsl...so i should have the full kit in about...................the year 2045 :lol::lol:

pmsl , have you seen the square ones ? they are well weird !! might buy one but cant see how you will get good results with em really ??

HI

I like the Voguetti ones personally.

As for your thermal brushes not being the best for straightening that what i use, for long hair i have a huge one. Personally i find bristle brushes can make some hair types a little static and it takes too long to blow dry with them.

The trick is to blow dry with a nozzle and keeping it hot, moving and pointing down the hair shaft.

I tell my apprentices to forget they have straightening irons!

hey yhtats a good point , i remember once seeing a demo of a stylist blow drying hair poker straight , no use of strightners , it was fab , have to say i would have to practice coz i always have to have a quick swizz with the straightners :lol:

After perusing my salons direct catalouge, thanks Carol, the brushes we put in our student kit is similar to the protip radial mix. We also include a one similar to the chionair freeflow brush, in the paddle or vent shape. I however am old school, my denman and I go way back, I can achieve almost any look with it- keep in mind, I've been at this a few years, round brushes weren't popular at all when I started so I never really HAD to use one. Now I have a choice, and I still find myself reaching for a denman. Don't really use a straightener either.....except to curl. LOL

Latest posts

Back