Which are the thinnest tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megan2682

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could give me some advice?

I'm looking for some white, ultra thin tips, providing a nice C-Curve for french extensions. Ideally, i'd like tips without the ridge at the back (if available). I want to be able to apply the tips without the need to blend (or very minimal blending) ... so i can simply place the overlays over the top with minimal prep work.

There are obviously a lot of brands that advertise "ultra thin" tips, but in reality, which ones are the thinnest?

If someone could recommend some options, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Out of the tips i have used i would say the new Creative Performance Tips...they have everything you have just mentioned and there is no shine to remove.

As far as i know there are NO white tips that require blending...just removing the shine.....and prep must always be done thoroughly.x

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't often use white tips but Performance Tips from CND don't have a well and are very thin hths:hug:

OPI structure tips are pretty thin, the have no well and a deep smile line and c-curve. they come in clear, white and natural.

hth xx

I have only tried the natural Performance tips from Creative and if the white are anything like the natural then they are 'THIN'. I like them but don't use tips that often these days, but they have no well or need no shine to be removed.

I do have some Lotus white tips which are very thin also and have a super deep smile line with no etching to do. I get mine from Karen at Nailsplusbeauty website.

Out of the tips i have used i would say the new Creative performance tips...they have everything you have just mentioned and there is no shine to remove.

As far as i know there are NO white tips that require blending...just removing the shine.....and prep must always be done thoroughly.x

I've just started using the CND Performance tips and they are brilliant:lol:

Thanks guys ....

I've just ordered 360 of the CND Performance tips to try ... hopefully i'll be able to shave some time off my next set of extensions!!!

:biggrin:

Thanks guys ....

I've just ordered 360 of the performance tips to try ... hopefully i'll be able to shave some time off my next set of extensions!!!

:biggrin:

Just bare in mind hun that white tips don't suit everyones nail beds....if they don't have a nice long nail bed to start with they can look terrible.

Asian well-less tips. Ultra thin. And the 'naturals', they "blend like butter" as Carl/nailzoo would say. Literally. You can inadvertently over-blend them right off, if you're accustomed to thicker tips.

Nailite carries them as do Sensual World and a few other places.

Very budget friendly too.

hth's

also bare in mind the pro impressions advanced tips just what you want and a very good price too.

Untitled Document

Hello all. I am a licsensed cosmetologist that used to do nails 15 years ago. I just recently bought new supplies to do my own nails after all these years. Boy, alot has changed in supplies I'm finding! Way back when, there were only thick, natural tips with a large well. I am like the OP, I just want to do pretty, no trouble french tips with none if any prep work on the tips. My question is this...

What makes no well better than half well? Does no well have a thinner "seam" when applied than half well? Do they still have to be filed down at the "seam" and the surface of the nail roughened up? I'm using OPI Absolute products and have been looking at the OPI Structure no well white tips and the Dimension half well white tips. OPI says the Structure has no well and an instant smile line.

Any help would sure be appreciated...One last thought is that I have small nail beds so most tips look huge on me unless I file and shape alot. Is there any particular brand that runs smaller? Thanks so much! Karen

Hello all. I am a licsensed cosmetologist that used to do nails 15 years ago. I just recently bought new supplies to do my own nails after all these years. Boy, alot has changed in supplies I'm finding! Way back when, there were only thick, natural tips with a large well. I am like the OP, I just want to do pretty, no trouble french tips with none if any prep work on the tips. My question is this...

What makes no well better than half well? Does no well have a thinner "seam" when applied than half well? Do they still have to be filed down at the "seam" and the surface of the nail roughened up? I'm using OPI Absolute products and have been looking at the OPI Structure no well white tips and the Dimension half well white tips. OPI says the Structure has no well and an instant smile line.

Any help would sure be appreciated...One last thought is that I have small nail beds so most tips look huge on me unless I file and shape alot. Is there any particular brand that runs smaller? Thanks so much! Karen

Hi ..

Welcome back to the world of nails...:lol: so much has changed in 15 years ..for the better. Nails no longer need to be roughed up and prep is paramount.

If i may i would recommend a refresher course...you would love it....kid in a sweet shop jumps to mind.

White tips serve a purpose but if you have small nail beds like you say then yes white tips can look bulky, thats why now alot of techs use custom blends to elongate the nailbed and give a much more balanced and nicer look.

Hope this helps xx

Thank you so much Angie dear! I appreciate your advice, but unfortunately I am recuperating from cancer and just don't have the time or energy to attend a class or refresher course...

So do I understand that you no longer have to roughen the entire artificial tip, nor file down the seam where tip and nail meet any more? And is no well better than tips with wells? I guess all in all that was the main information I really needed to know. I'm pretty comfortable with my ability on the rest of the products. Love, Karen

Thank you so much Angie dear! I appreciate your advice, but unfortunately I am recuperating from cancer and just don't have the time or energy to attend a class or refresher course...

So do I understand that you no longer have to roughen the entire artificial tip, nor file down the seam where tip and nail meet any more? And is no well better than tips with wells? I guess all in all that was the main information I really needed to know. I'm pretty comfortable with my ability on the rest of the products. Love, Karen

Angie meant that you don't roughen the natural nail. Well/No well depends on what you want to do.

I just want to do French Tip overlays, using a white tip. My nail beds are not "short" small, they are narrow. When I used to work, most tips were all deep well, so I don't know now what's better for me. I'm not wondering about filing the natural nail at all, just wondering about filing down the "ridge" where tip meets nail, and filing the shine off the tip itself.

You dont need to do any blending of the seam with a french white tip, all you need to do is take a white block and gently remove the shine off the whole tip.

As for tips with a well or no well i guess its down to personal preference and what works best for you. Personally i found when using white tips the ones with a well in left a slight shadow.

I cant remember what make the white tips was but i had some with no well that had a deep smile, lovely C-curve and was ultra thin and as far as working with a white tip goes they was a dream to use.

So once you have done a thorough prep of the natural nail place your tip and all that is needed then is to remove the shine.

Hope this helps :hug:

I like well-less because there's no fussing with them.
You don't need to trim the well, or file it smaller.
You don't have to worry about a 'seam' that is like a shadow...
You put them exactly where you want them.

hth's

Out of the tips i have used i would say the new Creative Performance Tips...they have everything you have just mentioned and there is no shine to remove.

CND Performance tips for me too, they are the best tips that I have ever used and I do hate blending tips!! I know we all have to sometimes but I love these tips!

Latest posts

Back