Which books would you recomend (all geeKs)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie H

Reaction score
Hello to all.
I've put this one in nails, only because I couldn't see a class for all.
I am currently re-reading Dough Schoon's
Nail Structure and Product Chemistry.
I would strongly urge all nail techs to read it. It's written in plain English, broken down into bite size chunks and flows well with plenty of diagrams and photos to make it easy to understand.
Another must for me is Gigi's Nail Class.
It's a good one to keep by your elbow as a reminder and problem solver.
Again plainly written, with good step by step explanations.

What is YOUR essential reading, whether you're a hair, skin, holistic or nail geek?

To add to yours I would say Marion Newmans complete nail technician. Easy to read and covers everything and again, easy to digest.

I'd be interested in finding a good book for nail art.

To add to yours I would say Marion Newmans complete nail technician. Easy to read and covers everything and again, easy to digest.

I'd be interested in finding a good book for nail art.

I have both Nail Class and Complete N/T - both of which i refer to all the time and they are getting a little tatty now! :lol: I've also got Encyclopedia of Nails, another great publication.

Chocolatepickle, Nail Artistry by Jacqui Jefford, Sue Marsh and Anne Swain is a brilliant book too but it's more of a text/reference book than designs.

Marian Newman....no question :green:

(but I am biased)

aswell as the others i do actually like milady books , the waxing one is fab with lots of hints and tips .. the milday cosmotogly book is good too it has everythign covering hair right through to beauty
i still have a tatty old vidal sasson book from donkeys yrs ago , lol, infact i bet its an antique !!
i also love my nvq color book , i basically love any book i read , lol

Ok, that's a start, any more, I'm needing things to do until September, so come on, add to my reading list, and maybe to your own too:lol:

umm what about reading up on the holistic side ? you never know you might find that interesting too :green:

That's a possiblity, I've found a anatomy and physioligy (sp) book on amazon, not sure if I need it, but it looked interesting.
I have a couple of makeup books that I swear by, complete make up, is one, can't remember who it's by, I've let some one borrow it, so can't go look.
Just want to know which ones peeps think they couldn't live with out:lol:

Nail Artistry by Jacqui Jefford, Sue Marsh and Anne Swain is a brilliant book too but it's more of a text/reference book than designs.

I've been umming and aring over that one, shall add it to the yes list, thank you.

I was recommended the Anatomy and Physiology for Dummies, along with the workbook, I've just received the 1st one, but I've not had chance to really look at it yet.
For make-up we were recommended "Make-up The Ultimate Guide" by Rae Morris and it is a really good book.

Latest posts

Back