Which brush do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmileNails

Reaction score
Hey geeks!!

I need a new brush - i currently use IBD size 8. But unfortunately i havent taken much care of it - tut tut i know, slap on the hand for me!!

Which one do you use? What have you tried and tested, price versus quality, brand, etc.....

Thanx!!!

Sorry I cant help you but I would also like to know this I use a round size 6 but sometimes feel its not big enough would a eight be better and what brand is best. I am only newly qualified so not got alot of experiences with brushes.

Thanks

I have tried a few in my time as a nail tech, and i would say to spend a bit more on getting a good quality brush :)

Without a good brush, I don't think you can be the best that you can be.

Go for one that is made up of sable and kolinsky, or 100% Kolinsky.

The one that i use at the moment is 100% kolinsky, and i havn't lost one hair from it and i've had it for 8 months. It was more expensive but if it lasts longer then it works out cheaper in the long run.

I use a size 8.

x

Last edited:
For me, it's CND's Ultra Sculptor #10. It's a great brush! :)

I like ONS "change by Trang" #8, Entity #8 and EzFlow Grand artist brush #8. I use EzFlow just now and it's my favourite, but you have to take care of it ;)

I have an nsi brush , it has a clear handle with bubbles encased inside and lid for it. I love this brush far too much. Its my second one and i do really like it. it sits nicely in my hand, the grip is comfy and the handle doesnt slip about in my fingers. I like it very much.

tigi

I have #8 and#10 cnd brushe tbh I only eva use the ultra sculptor #10 as it's fab..... once u use it there's no going back ha ha xxx

I use the CND no 10 (The Ultra Sculptor) the most but I also like MY CND No 8 (The Prostyler).

Some are scared to use a no 10 brush fearing it is just too big but the beauty of this brush is also its shape which gives you the ability to make large or very small beads and the size gives perfect surface smoothness for easy finishing. This brush does save you time and the extra weight also helps some if they have lifting issues.

All CND brushes are hand tied (rather than glued) and the hairs are hand chosen and arranged for perfect 'snap'. Naturally they are all made of the highest quality 100% pure red Sable Kolinsky hair and no animals are harmed in the manufacturing process.

Last edited:
Iryna developed her own. This is a #10 Kolinsky, but #8 also available. The #4 used to create acrylic 3d nail art has the same handle and cap.

Cheap brush manufacturers actually cut the hairs to shape. That's totally wrong. The best brushes use the natural hair end at the tip. This makes them much more expensive to make, also a good manufacturer will grade each hair to make sure that the feel and performance of each brush is as near to identical as possible.

Using a poor brush is like putting cheap types on a Porsche! :eek:

acrylic_kolinsky_10.jpg

Actally not like tyres Bob, but like putting a cheap engine in the porsche. It may look the same, but the performance is so not!:eek:

I use ultra sculptor from CND too...

I was thinking more about the handling (control) and feedback from the material (road). But I agree with you anyway because the weekend is tomorrow and we have some sun here at last! :lol:

EzFlows #508 Grand Artist Oval brush for me:)

you mentioned price.... for me personally i see it as a tool i use everyday so i dont worry how much it costs ..... i need it to be right and it will last me as i look after it.... so **:** +vat isnt too bad imo if you compare it to how much hairdressers spend on their scissors!

Jess
xox

Last edited by a moderator:
thanx guys - loadsa options to choose from now!!!

And i promise to look after my new brush!
xx

I use the CND Ultra Sculptor and its fab! I love this brush. I also have my trusty Pro Stylers.

I also have the NSI No.8 Round Royal Precision Brush which I love also. This was the first "proper" brush I bought as I soon realised when first learning nails that you are only as good as the tools you use. A great technician will only create substandard nails if a poor quality brush is used. This brush has lasted through my level 2 and 3 nail courses and unfortunately is now relegated to colour work as it is near the end of useful life. The hairs are fine but I have over time managed to overexpose my fingers and the handle clogs up which is uncomfortable to me and yes I have tried cleaning it but monomer must be seeping through the ferule and the metal encasement as I now careful regarding overexposure.

I also have a couple of design sculpture brushes one from NFu.Oh and the other is a Graftons brush for 3D and sculpture work. They are both great for what I use them for.

anne xx

I use ezflows grand artist oval brush. No matter what system i use, i keep falling back to it. I have gotten so used to it.

I also use CND Ultra Sculptor xx

I have an nsi brush , it has a clear handle with bubbles encased inside and lid for it. I love this brush far too much. Its my second one and i do really like it. it sits nicely in my hand, the grip is comfy and the handle doesnt slip about in my fingers. I like it very much.

tigi

Thanks Tigi. You are speaking of our Royal Precision Kolinsky #8. :)

I now use a C.N.D Pro-styler thats a #8 for most thing's L&P,
the Nfu.oh desigen brush for 3d , and C.N.D crystal touch #6 for gel ,
The first brush I had from collage was from Salon Systems and athough I did like it at the time the other day I thought I would use it quickly as I was playing with some colors and well guess must have gotten used to the strenth of the bristles in my other brushes because when I tryed to pick up my bead it was like trying to eat pea's with a fork made of feathers! :eek:
(very bendy and not up to it)

I have only ever tried cnd's pro styler, ultra sculptor and ezflow's 508. I like them all, but I use the 508 the most. I also have the 3 design brushes that ezflow retail, which I don't think are their own actual brand, and they're marvellous for the detailed work. :)

Ez Flow 508 love it.... + CND Pro-styler #8... Love both of them...

They are like my babies.....Just can't do with out them.:)

( just to clarify, I use to use the CND Pro styler..#8...still have it for my coloured powders)

Latest posts

Back