Which car is suitable for a mobile beauty therapist?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but i get noticed

I've got a Vauxhall Meriva which is boring but hard to beat on the practical side. Good low-ish loading space for couch etc. I've also had a Mercedes A Class which was great for mobile.x

I have a Xsara Picasso.
Loads of space for couch , kids, etc.
The seats come out as well.
There is even a collapsible trolley in the back with wheels on to carry stuff in .
I'd had the car 12 months before I new it was there and what it was for!!!:lol:
There's secret storage compartments in the floor as well!!!!

Brilliant car. Highly reccommended for mobile work..

:hug:xx

thanks everyone, I will keep you all posted as to what I get, I am very undecided:rolleyes:

I'm in exactly the same position. My car has broken down and the garage has advised me to scrap it, my problem is i'm a snob when it comes to cars!! lol I love them. I'm a right little top gear girl.
Ideally I dont wnat to spend a lot but I do want a nice car and one that is big enough to accomodate all of the tools of the trade. ie couch, nail table etc.
I was thinking a Toyota Rav4 but they look quite big. I'm so stuck. Any advise would also be appreciated this way!! lol

...being very naive, I mean:rolleyes: Would one of you mind posting or sending me a pic of your "pedicure couch"? I've never seen a portable pedi chair. My soon-to-be husband thinks a mobile nail station would be a gold mine but he's thinking of converting a van to be all-inclusive!! Talk about an investment!! It's all I can do to bring him back down to earth. It might go over well in some more well-to-do areas of town but...well...how do I put this...I'm not a "small girl" and I'm afraid I'd get a little claustrophobic!! :lol: hahahaha!!

well i had a pajero (imported shogun) but since the boot is open to view behind the 6th and 7th seat nothing was hidden and everything was on view, so i odnt reccomend these lol

had a mondeo and struggled tbh but i have tio fit 5 in my car so everything has to fit in the boot

i looked at the mercedes A class but could not fit my nail table in the boot, let alone a couch for if and when i do massage, but the c class was a diff story, i can fit my table, my pedi stool all 3 parts of my wheeled trolley the nail box, 10 + shopping bags from tescos, a nintendo ds game bag, my lads guitar and amp, and 3 schoolbags and coats, i know this for a fact, cos this is what i unloaded from my car last night lolol its maaooosive, and cheap to insure too (well cheaper than my paj was lol)

i think you should deffo take your stuff with you when you test drive, make sure it all fits before you make a desicion

personally i dont like the car, infact one went whizzing past us yesterday and my kids were peeing themselves laughing at the 70+ man driving this boy racers car lol, he did look funny, im not sure it suits the beauty therapist image im looking for, but its not my car and its your choice hun, i do like bright unusual colours though (think its the roof that disturbs me lol) so go for it if it fits ya stuff babe xxx

i suppose if you were bored though you could play chess on the roof!

:lol::lol::lol:

As boring as it sounds, I've got a Seat Ibiza and its the BEST car I've ever had. It fit all my stuff in when I was a mobile tech, and it has plenty of space for my 35 kilo german shepherd!!

Well I have a Smart ForTwo and manage to fit everything in!! It really is a TARDIS. Easy to drive and park, only £35 tax and everyone looks at her!

..: KernowSmart :..

hi

i test drove a mercades a class and hated it, really shakey and that was the 2 litre version.

becki xxx

i know you've said about french cars but i must say my Renault Megan scenic 04plate has so much room in the boot it's wonderful.

i've had it a year and no probs (touch wood)
and lots of little storage places all over it.

Jigsaw: A classic Porsche is not expensive to insure, Classic cars don't really use that much more fuel than the equiv. modern car, infact in some cases less due to not weighing as much not having so much to be powered, no fancy transmission systems just a RWD car coupled to a fairly simple manual gearbox. No assistance = pure driving pleasure.

Space could be an issue.

Another option I've just thought of infact my other car what about a BMW 3 or 5 series? For the amount you'd pay for the Fiesta you'd probably get a nice E46 3 series (years 1999 - 2006) either a latish one if you weren't bothered about the engine size, a four cylinder 318i or if you wanted a nice smooth six cylinder engine you'd get an earlier one, as for the 5 series you could get a late E39 (years 1997 - 2003) or an early E60 (2003 - today) I had an E46 330Ci Sport, was a great car, only I prefer my Classics or save your pennies and go for a classic BMW, you wouldn't regret it.

Sorry to be a party pooper but if you buy that car, I hope you have a garage with an alarm to put it in. The local chavs will love it and it wont be long before they try to take it for a ride, if they don't succeed in stealing it then you can look forward to having your windows broken repeatedly, brake fluid splashed over it, tyres slashed, sorry one of my naibours bought a car like this and we do live in a good area, and in the end he sold the car because it was spending more time in the garage then on his drive, he bought a merc, the kids don't think mercs are cool cars.

Sorry to be a party pooper but if you buy that car, I hope you have a garage with an alarm to put it in. The local chavs will love it and it wont be long before they try to take it for a ride, if they don't succeed in stealing it then you can look forward to having your windows broken repeatedly, brake fluid splashed over it, tyres slashed, sorry one of my naibours bought a car like this and we do live in a good area, and in the end he sold the car because it was spending more time in the garage then on his drive, he bought a merc, the kids don't think mercs are cool cars.

omg wish the kids by me didnt think mercs were cool, lol, then we wouldnt have to block it in on the drive lolol

:eek::rolleyes: jeez that was telling me,lol, Thankfully I live in the countryside and the only people who live within close proximity are the elderly, My hubby has a BMW which he leaves outside and never had a problem but yes my car does go in the garage everynight:):wink2:

I do know that crime can happen anywhere, and if I lived somewhere that obviously something would happen then I would buy something to suit, but to be honest I am not going to not buy something just because of something someone might do.

I have a Citroen Picasso. You can put the seats down & could get half a salon in there!:)

I have just bought a Toyota corolla verso,its massive and will fit ALL my stuff in:lol:

I have a five door golf and it fits my couch in the boot along with any other bits on the back seat! Does the trick perfectly.

xxx

Vitality magazine BABTAC have an interesting article on my car this month, a RENAULT MEGANE' COUPE CONVERTIBLE, the article is interesting reading esp if you are in the market for a new set of wheels. I LOVE my car:), and yes it can be a bit tight for space if you want the roof down, but pack it well.. I place my couch behind the seats....boxes in the back....im away. It does pay you to have a good looking car, it can show you are sucessful and that you also take pride in everything you have (so you will with your treatments).

As its been said on this thread, if you can afford a porshce go get one or an equivelant....LOOK THE PART

hey i am a mobile therapist and i have a 3series bmw 5door and have no probs what so ever i can fill my boot with all equipmet no messing. this includes my bed. spray tan compressor and tanning wall. as i work for myself i quite often run personal erronds before or after a client and feel much happier with all my equipment hidden away in the boot from prying eyes. and i also think my goods in transit insurance states things should be out of site it leaving the car unatended.

i have had a 2door cars and 5door cars and find the 5 door much easier when traveling 2 and from clients. and also that becaouse of the world we live in people will look at your car and judge you by it. first imprssions do still count. i get a lot better reception from clients in my bmw that what i did in my little old 2door nissan micra with the big scratch down the side which i had had since i passed my test.
nicola x

Latest posts

Back