Which card machines?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessCTherapistx

Reaction score
Hiya geeks!

I'm starting out on my own in a couple of weeks, and the lady of the salon I'm working at had told me to get a card machine from Payleven.

I have also heard of Sum Up and I Zettle. Does anyone use or have heard of these? I have no experience with card machines so just wanting some help!

Thanks all!

I use Smarttrade app, no set up fee, no monthly costs, u pay a % and 20p per transaction. All done from my phone, u can take payment for vouchers on the phone. If u do enough business you can upgrade and get more services but only when ur trading warrants the expense of a monthly fee.

I currently use WorldPay Zinc, App wise it's OK, card reader doesn't hold a charge particularly well, also mine is old and pre Tap & Go.

I'm investigating the Paypal one at the moment, most people have a Paypal account so there is the familiarity comfort, but you don't actually need one to take/send/receive payments.

I use izettle, they charge 2.75%. The contactless card reader is fab, you can send a receipt to your clients mobile phone via the app and the payment hits my bank account within 3 days max.

I love my PayPal card reader. I picked up a second hand one on eBay so saved myself £20-30.

The best thing is you get the money instantly! You don't even get that with the banks proper credit card terminals. It goes straight into your PayPal account and you can then transfer it to your bank account, which is also instant.

I love my PayPal card reader. I picked up a second hand one on eBay so saved myself £20-30.

The best thing is you get the money instantly! You don't even get that with the banks proper credit card terminals. It goes straight into your PayPal account and you can then transfer it to your bank account, which is also instant.
Hi,

We're looking at setting up card payments at the moment; do you mind if I ask do you pay any paypal fees to transfer the money into your bank account?

Oh, and do you NEED to use your phone to get the reader to work?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

We're looking at setting up card payments at the moment; do you mind if I ask do you pay any paypal fees to transfer the money into your bank account?

Oh, and do you NEED to use your phone to get the reader to work?

Thanks in advance.

No, you don't pay fees to transfer money to your bank account.

You only pay a fee once when customer makes payment. I can't remember exact percentage, it's not much.

Yes, you need to use your phone to get reader to work.

No, you don't pay fees to transfer money to your bank account.

You only pay a fee once when customer makes payment. I can't remember exact percentage, it's not much.

Yes, you need to use your phone to get reader to work.
Thank you for your reply.

I think, once I become more established (I've just recently moved, and am reopening), then I will move to a monthly terminal, but that seems great at the moment.

Thank you for your reply.

I think, once I become more established (I've just recently moved, and am reopening), then I will move to a monthly terminal, but that seems great at the moment.

Funnily enough we're doing the opposite and getting rid of the monthly terminal. I can take Amex with PayPal, can't with monthly terminal

Latest posts

Back