Which card reader is best?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluttabye

Reaction score
Hi
Hoping I'm posting in right place!
Any advice on what card machine to get please I'm mobile and salon based so would need it to come around with me!
ThAnkyou! Xxx

Hi
Hoping I'm posting in right place!
Any advice on what card machine to get please I'm mobile and salon based so would need it to come around with me!
ThAnkyou! Xxx

I love worldpay zinc :)

IZettle , no contract , £50 for handset. There's an app it goes through on your phone and you get both daily & monthly reports

I got the paypal card reader and definitely wouldn't recommend it. It doesn't hold a charge at all...I'm on my third replacement, they all die after 3 hours max, and they won't refund me!

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes was thinking world pay and have heard read a lot about izettle just can't make a decision!!
Was going with paypal because well it's paypal! ... But after what you've just said and a few others it's doesn't sound to great!
ThAnkyou
Xx

Worldpay is great, you get a tonne of benefits with them for business & personal use!

Worldpay is great, you get a tonne of benefits with them for business & personal use!

Is that with worldpay zinc?! What benefits?!

Benefits really? Like what if you don't mind me asking? X

i use world pay zinc.

Works with mobile phone, I use it linked to my wifi tablet. it does have an online portal so you can take payment over the phone and you can give people to option to pay by secure link ( great for buying vouchers )
no monthly rental and if you look around you might get a deal on the handset ( £49- 99 )

It's ok BUT.
I hate paying 2.75% card fees!!!

Most other pay as you go solutions seem to be 2.75%, some give away free card readers and may or may not have the option for phone payments.

Sum-up have just started doing a deal of 1.9% with a free basic card reader, I'm hoping the others may follow suit.

The european parliament have just voted on capping charges for taking card payments...not sure if it will make a difference but I'm going to keep and eye out for some decent rates appearing!!!

Izettle is good or Pago if your in Ireland

It really does depend on your turnover.

The charges quoted are astronomical to me. Do your sums. Sometimes it may be worth paying monthly for a card machine and have considerably lower charges per transaction.

When I did the sums with an average month, these machines worked out a lot more expensive.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use PayPal (don't have that many card payments) and my first reader stopped working, I called them and they sent me a new one straight away. As long as you turn it off properly then it does stay charged! Took me a while to figure out haha 😉 Connects to my iPad and iPhone. I've found it good so far...

But I agree with Vic, if you're taking a lot of card then definitely weigh it up x

yes it is all about turnover.

look at it this way...if you take £1000 a month on cards, that's about £20 to £27 per month on a pay as you go chip and pin.

Most rates I've been quoted for static terminals are around £16+ vat pm with cheaper card processing fees..but you are tied into a contract ( anything from 18 months to 36 months) and may also have an additional charge for PCI compliance.

I'm on the cusp of changing over..but I'll hold out a little longer for better rates.:D

Such a hard decision ....well of to do my sums ... I think!
See at the moment I don't take cards the salon I work at does and most of my clients pay by card but about to go it alone so need a card payment method !
Thanks for all the help
Xx

Latest posts

Back